PDA

View Full Version : 2A RN sliders made for Def

Clembs
06-24-2009, 07:14 PM
has anyone else recently purchaced the RN galv sliders and realized the rear support only fits defender style coil chass. I have been thinking of either having a rear brace made or a custom set of sliders. I do like the look and quality of the RN sliders but i really don't feel like spending another $100 to have them actually fit the truck they were made for ('67 SIIa). I had also looked into some from Ike at Pangolin but they are out of my budget.

Anyone else having the same problem with the RN S2a sliders

Eric W S
06-25-2009, 07:52 AM
Why don't you just return them?

Save up and get Ike's. The RN isn't even in the same league...

Les Parker
06-25-2009, 09:00 AM
Hello there,

We have sold many sets of these Sill Protectors and have had very little issues with them.
They primarlily set up for the Series III, so the centre mount for the galv. bulkhead to seat box channel may not align 100%.
Other than this, they are a fairly easy fit.
If you are having some fitment problems, please call me directly and we'll work this through.

Ext 242

Les Parker
06-25-2009, 09:02 AM
Not sure where Eric makes the comparison, have you even seen the RN Sill Protectors?

:confused:

Eric W S
06-25-2009, 10:28 AM
Not sure where Eric makes the comparison, have you even seen the RN Sill Protectors?

:confused:

I've seen both Less. Ike has everyone beat. His design is better constructed and executed especially as far as frame attachment goes...

EwS

Les Parker
06-25-2009, 11:22 AM
Eric, please spell my name correctly, its right here !

:)

Clembs
06-26-2009, 03:18 PM
hey guys im not trying to put down RN or IKE. i have spoken to RN customer service and they were eager to help with return labels. The point of this post was to be constructive and not have to save and wait all summer to get sliders from another source.

The sliders in no way fit on the passenger side other that they use the bulk head bolt. I was aware of the "one tab needing to be rewelded" but in fact both are way off with nothing to attatch to.

The major problem is that they simply are not compatable with leaf spring frames. They don't have the same frame mounts as in any of the pictures. They came with round tapered wall rear frame mounts like would be used on Defenders not flat brackets for the outriggers. I have talked to a local welding shop and they are going to fab some plates for usable frame mounts.

I was wondering if anyone has had this problem and a simple cheap how to fix without the wait and having to send them back

acpatsouris
06-26-2009, 04:51 PM
Hey Brent,

Any chance you can email a couple of photos highlighting the issues? I'd like to have a visual of the concerns you are describing.

arthurp@roversnorth.com

Thanks,

usadventureracing
06-26-2009, 08:09 PM
I have the same ones from RN and I have yet to install, because I also need to make some modifications. I was thinking I would just use the front and rear mount not the ones in the middle that need to have a plate welded on. I was considering the setup because I will never use them as for what they were intended for.

TJR
06-28-2009, 10:35 AM
Just curious..Is this discussion all about P/N RNA 1011.. I guess I need to look at mine.. though I'm quite a bit away form installing them on my 88 SIII.

I checked out the ones Ike offers.. they do look nice w/ the curved ends. How heavy are those since the RN ones I have are quite substantial?

As far as I'm concerned.. any improvment over the original flimsy sills is a benefit. I've often wondered though if the the fuel tank out rigger mounts are really strong enought to support the entire weight of the vehicle. However.. I don't really see any future plan to test mine at this point.
Talbot

Les Parker
06-29-2009, 10:08 AM
Brent,

Many thanks for the pix. All is now clear.
The replacement brackets are winging their way to us, I'll contact you once they are here and cleared our shipping dock.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Clembs
07-15-2009, 05:17 PM
hey les thanks for looking into that. I have a Rova rally the last weekend of july. You think there is any chance of them making it?

Les Parker
07-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Goods are in our container, so I am unsure whether we can make that deadline.
I'll chase the vendor and advise as soon as I know.

:(