PDA

View Full Version : Galvanized 110 chassis?

MUDSUX
06-30-2009, 03:52 PM
Hi everyone,

New here and just imported a 1983 110 V8 with the LT95 transmission and overdrive. Bought it site-unseen and now looking forward to some quality time in the garage. The engine and tranny seems to be solid but there are some rust on the frame. I will probably swap a new chassis in the next year or so. I have looked everywhere on this forum but can someone point me in the right direction? Where can I get a 1983 RHD V8 110 galvanized chassis in the US? I emailed ECR a few days back but no response. Do I have to import from the UK? Richards/Designa/Marsland? Thanks!

JimC
07-01-2009, 11:16 AM
Talk to Stephen Peters at Safari Rover. He brings that stuff in often and is very close to Orlando. I'm not sure if he follows this forum, but he posts over at d-90.com.

Les Parker
07-01-2009, 11:55 AM
RN has this part RNH710 Galv. Chassis avail with a 6-8 week lead time.

Why go elsewhere?

:thumb-up:

MUDSUX
07-01-2009, 08:50 PM
Hi Les,

I am pretty new to the 110 so excuse the ignorance. I saw that chassis on the website but it says NAS with the battery mount on the right front. Mine is not NAS, I have battery trays under the seat. Will this matter? Thanks

Jim, thanks. I have worked with Stephan before on my Series III a few years back but have lost contact. I will shoot him an email to see what he can do.

Les Parker
07-02-2009, 07:46 AM
Hmm.
All 110's have the battery under the seat, methinks the pic. is a little mis-leading as it is the generic Series Galv. frame that is shown.
Please compare apples to apples !
Please call if you need any further info.

MUDSUX
07-02-2009, 08:57 AM
Ahh, yes Les. You are correct. I did not even noticed the front spring hangers for the leaf springs. Thanks!

JimC
07-02-2009, 09:26 AM
Oh right, I forgot out hosts sell them too. Shipping means location is a big deal in chassis purchasing though, so I would hope RN wouldn't begrudge you for buying local if one proved to be available.

MUDSUX
07-02-2009, 10:28 AM
So after further research I read that it may be illegal to do a frame swap because the VIN will not be on the new frame? Is this correct? The 110 was legally imported with all necessary paperwork done, verified, and stamped by customs. I read about people doing it all the time. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks

daveb
07-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Lots of LR's running about with new chassis under them. I wouldn't sweat it. If there was a differnet chssis number on the new frame then you might be wise to fix that. But if it is a new chassis then it will just have no number. Big deal. VIn is located other places as well.

So after further research I read that it may be illegal to do a frame swap because the VIN will not be on the new frame? Is this correct? The 110 was legally imported with all necessary paperwork done, verified, and stamped by customs. I read about people doing it all the time. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks

Les Parker
07-07-2009, 07:21 AM
I would suggest contacting the local DMV and asking them.
They would be able to verify the "before and after" pix.

2p

MUDSUX
07-08-2009, 07:59 AM
Thanks guys. Will do.