PDA

View Full Version : clutch sticking

jjacumin
07-02-2009, 07:30 AM
I have a 1973 Series III, and the clutch just doesn't pop up like it used to. It still runs and I can get it into all of the gears, but when I push the clutch in it takes much longer than it should to come out and some times I have to put the top of my foot under the clutch to get it to come out fast enough. Can this be fixed with some grease or is this the beginning of the end for my clutch.

Thanks,

Joe

rovertek
07-02-2009, 09:05 AM
sounds like it needs new hydraulics, if someone has used a non compatable brake fluid in the systym all the seals will expand or blow up and and cause sticking, hard pedal, or slow release, also age and neglect will cause the same.....

Moose
07-02-2009, 08:28 PM
My 110 had sat for a quite a while before I got it and was doing the same thing. Try taking the top cover off the top of the clutch peddle (little cover with six screws) and hose down the pivot point with plenty of WD40. Work the clutch peddle up and down till your leg hurts, then repeat. Worked for me to free up the peddle and been fine going on two years now. You may also want to check that the return spring(s) on the peddle are present and properly connected.

Brett