PDA

View Full Version : How to program new remote

Ilya
07-09-2009, 09:01 AM
I bought blank key, and locksmith was able to make the copy from original. How do I program the remote?

Joey4420
07-09-2009, 09:28 AM
visit the dealer or someone with Testbook or autologic computer

Ilya
07-09-2009, 11:15 AM
I did it, now I know why Land Rover is in trouble. I have to find another one I guess.

Ilya
07-13-2009, 11:07 AM
Manhattan Land Rover dealership needs to improve customer service. When I went there and asked for info regarding the second key I was told that I need to buy new key which they would sell me for about 400 !!!!. Then I have to take the key to locksmith to cut it ???? And then they would program it. I asked is I can buy a key on ebay? I was told "sure".
I bought key on ebay for 100. Cut it for 2.
Went back to dealer, stood in line for 30 minutes, was told to go to service in service I was told to bring car.
I called another Land Rover dealership asked them about the key, was told that all I need is to bring the car. Went there was told that the key has to have a code.
What I had learned, that Land Rover dealership employees ether have no idea what they are talking about and/or don't care about customers. Also, buying keys on ebay is not the way out. Now I have a key that I can open the door and start a car. I don't care about remote anymore. I will not ever go to Land Rover dealership again, ever. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

roverformygirlfriend
07-21-2009, 10:10 PM
Manhattan Land Rover dealership needs to improve customer service. When I went there and asked for info regarding the second key I was told that I need to buy new key which they would sell me for about 400 !!!!. Then I have to take the key to locksmith to cut it ???? And then they would program it. I asked is I can buy a key on ebay? I was told "sure".
I bought key on ebay for 100. Cut it for 2.
Went back to dealer, stood in line for 30 minutes, was told to go to service in service I was told to bring car.
I called another Land Rover dealership asked them about the key, was told that all I need is to bring the car. Went there was told that the key has to have a code.
What I had learned, that Land Rover dealership employees ether have no idea what they are talking about and/or don't care about customers. Also, buying keys on ebay is not the way out. Now I have a key that I can open the door and start a car. I don't care about remote anymore. I will not ever go to Land Rover dealership again, ever. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

10 years later and I am still hearing horror stories about Manhattan Land Rover. The only reason they are in business is they are named Manhattan Land Rover.

Don
07-27-2009, 09:41 AM
All the dealer need to do is use the test book to give you a new plip code for that key,and it will be programed.