PDA

View Full Version : transmission

discocrazy
07-18-2009, 11:51 AM
okay I took my 01 disco on a trip through the mountains and i had a heavy load, lots of people and lots of gear. When i got back i had a code pop up for transmission failure or 3rd gear failure, or low fluid. It still shifts fine, in fact i can't feel a difference at all.
I dont even know where to check the fluid levels, so if someone could tell me that and any other constuctive opinion that would be great.

discocrazy
07-18-2009, 12:51 PM
ok, so i checked the trans fluid on the check/fill plug and it was full, didn't smell burnt and still looked nice and red.

roverformygirlfriend
07-19-2009, 07:58 PM
okay I took my 01 disco on a trip through the mountains and i had a heavy load, lots of people and lots of gear. When i got back i had a code pop up for transmission failure or 3rd gear failure, or low fluid. It still shifts fine, in fact i can't feel a difference at all.
I dont even know where to check the fluid levels, so if someone could tell me that and any other constuctive opinion that would be great.

Car in neutral, emergency brake on, running, pull trans fluid stick. (read manual to find out if you don't know) there are two sets of on each temperature threshold, one low cold, one low hot, one high cold and one high hot.

What does that say? That is your first step.