PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Anchorage, Alaska - any local Rovers?

mechman
07-20-2009, 09:01 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm in Anchorage for the next couple weeks, visiting family. I don't have my Rover with me (it wouldn't fit in the overhead bin), but I was wondering, are there any good Series Rover shops in the area? Any wacky hoarders? Decent Series Rovers hiding under a bush?

On the flip side, any places (or people) to avoid?

I'm going to have a bit of free time to poke around town, and I thought it would be cool to spend an afternoon checking out the local Rover action. Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated. :thumb-up:

We're flying into the bush tomorrow, driving through Denanli to Fairbanks on Wednesday, exploring the Kenai on Thursday, panning for gold Friday, and basically hitting the tourist points along the way. If anyone has any other must-dos in this area, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

Mech

4flattires
07-20-2009, 09:07 PM
Shows a 109 for sale up there.

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/cto/1278151317.html

Good luck,

Jeff

mechman
07-20-2009, 09:12 PM
NOooOO!!! NOT an FFR 109!!! Aaaaagh, the MEMORIES!!!!

I just CAN'T escape... :(

Mech

TCapelle
07-20-2009, 09:39 PM
Alasaka sounds real good right about now...

I enjoyed the Denali trip and took the old denali hwy (the backway) back down- it is a scenic ride but then again lots of scenic rides in Alaska

Check out Gridwood, Homer- the salty dog bar, and every little bar, overpass, mountainview in between!

Clam digging on Clam Gultch is also fun!

Enjoy

alaskajosh
07-21-2009, 01:35 AM
You're PM'd :thumb-up:

Kind regards, Josh

Mercedesrover
07-21-2009, 05:40 AM
Moose's Tooth for pizza and beers.
Sportsman's Warehouse.
Give yourself enough time to wander around the Kenai. It's pretty cool down there.