PDA

View Full Version : '71 Series IIa Station Wagon: How rare are these?

NC Rover
07-22-2009, 08:52 AM
I saw one for sale recently and was curious.....how rare are these and what is the difference between the regular series IIA and a IIa station wagon? I own a regular IIa and couldn't tell a difference other than the badge on the front?

LRMAN
07-22-2009, 09:19 AM
I am new to Rovers but the only difference I ever noticed were the jump seats in the bed. Maybe also the top they came with?

BackInA88
07-22-2009, 10:02 AM
4 doors?

LH Drive
07-22-2009, 10:18 AM
Don't they have come with the hard top side sliding windows, head liner, full rear swing door, and rear jump/bench seats to be a station wagon.

daveb
07-22-2009, 10:28 AM
OK spec or NAS? there is a difference.

NAS late IIa' and III's (88's only as no 109's were imported after 67 or so) were called Station Wagons, and had sliding side windows, rear safari door (one piece rear door) and bench style jump seats. A few had tropical roofs with no alpine windows.

Meanwhile, in the rest of the world, the SW designtion meant you were getting a tropical roof with alpine windows, sliding side windows, individual rear jumpseats, and the safari door. Non SW models had no side windows or fixed side windows, a plain roof, and usually a liftgate/dropgate in the back. Rear seats would be either the side facing benches, or nothing at all.

And that is the short answer.

I saw one for sale recently and was curious.....how rare are these and what is the difference between the regular series IIA and a IIa station wagon? I own a regular IIa and couldn't tell a difference other than the badge on the front?

greenmeanie
07-22-2009, 11:01 AM
To further Dave's explanation the LAte IIA hard top sw normally came with a plain roof as opposed to the Tropical style.

leafsprung
07-22-2009, 12:48 PM
Those nas trucks after 67 are "deluxe hardtops" they do not have the sw designation.

Andrew IIA
07-22-2009, 12:51 PM
a difference other than the badge on the front?
the badge on the back...... ;)

BackInA88
07-22-2009, 12:57 PM
Didn't all 4 doors have some style of hard top?
Making it a SW?

NC Rover
07-22-2009, 02:34 PM
So my IIa has a hardtop with sliding rear windows, full swinging rear door w/ window, full headliner, and bench stlye seats....only they face toward each other. I guess I'm only missing a badge to be considered a SW?

Does the bench seat in the SW face toward the front of the car?

leafsprung
07-22-2009, 03:07 PM
Troptop with alpine windows and vents, 4 individual seats and the badges