PDA

View Full Version : 109 SW middle door anti burst locks

greenmeanie
07-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Gents,
I rebuilding a 1967 109 SW and want to convert the doors over to antiburst locks. My issue is with the middle doors as I would like to know how these should be locked from the outside. I am fitting high back seats in the front so don't want to get into contorsions leaning over the back to undo latches every time I want to lock or open the middle doors. I obviously want to be able to lock and unlock the door with a key.

Does anyone know how this was done on a late SIII, Satge 1 or early 110 before the doors got all fancy. If necessary I'll just drill the lock barrell hole in the door but that does not appear to be how it was done by the OEM.

I've got kiddies to carry and want easy access but secure access to the rear seat.

Thanks
Gregor

Andrew IIA
07-22-2009, 12:49 PM
I don't know anything about 109 middle doors, but here's pics of the Defender locks that are fitted to my '63 SIIA 88". Thought it might helpful.

Best regards, Andrew

Les Parker
07-22-2009, 02:46 PM
Hello there,

After some investigating, I can only find internal locking anti-burst latch kit (LR part number STC2873 RHR and STC2877 LHR).. RN has the RHR in stock. As a note , the kit includes the striker, spacer and mounting hardware.

LRMAN
07-22-2009, 03:03 PM
Not trying to hijack but some of us do not understand the advantage of these upgrades Les. Can you explain?

Feel free to cut and paste me into a new thread.

Thanks
Tim

greenmeanie
07-22-2009, 03:08 PM
Thanks gents. I'm pretty sure my IIA normal type locks had key barrels on the middle doors. Seems odd they would take what I consider a step backwards with the antiburst type.

With that knowledge I'm off home to attack some nice pristine panels with a hole saw. We're getting ready for paint now so the catual locks will need to wait until my bank account recovers.