X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SixthFlick
    Low Range
    • Apr 2009

Battery Earth Lead?

Just wondering - where does one find / what exactly is the battery earth lead that is mentioned in the Workshop Manual for an '04 Disco? Is it simply the cable connected to the negative battery terminal or is it the grounding strap that is attached near the upper left of the battery? Does it matter / do the same thing if I simply disconnect the negative terminal? I've heard about certain items, such as the radio, giving trouble if the battery is disconnected (such as radio codes).

Does anyone have pictures??? I'm about to remove the seats and associated electronics below them in order to pull up all of my soaking wet carpeting (another story).

Thanks...
    Last edited by SixthFlick; 07-22-2009, 04:20 PM. Reason: added to...
  • SixthFlick
    Low Range
    • Apr 2009

Please help!

self-bump.

Comment

• Joey4420
      1st Gear
      • Feb 2009

Unless I am mistaken, it will be the negative battery terminal cable. Keep in mind that your Rover will still have about a dozen or so other grounds...
      Joey
      97 Disco
      10 MCCSm
      Custom Rover Accessories
      Home of the D2 horn buttons

Comment

• SixthFlick
        Low Range
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Joey4420
        Unless I am mistaken, it will be the negative battery terminal cable.
        So I'm guessing I won't have a shocking experience then if I disconnect the negative terminal??

Comment

• Joey4420
          1st Gear
          • Feb 2009

Nope, I do it all the time. Best practice is to remove the Negative terminal, not the positive.

Unless changing the battery, but always remove - first, when putting new battery in install + first.
          Joey
          97 Disco
          10 MCCSm
          Custom Rover Accessories
          Home of the D2 horn buttons

Comment

Working...