PDA

View Full Version : NEW

huck1974
02-04-2007, 10:54 PM
got my arles blue D 90 yesterday. Love it. wish there was more conversation about upgrades here or somewhere. Its very cold here and the heater works better than my CJ so it not as bad as everyone makes it. Get lots of thumbs up already and am starting a list of upgrades. I will fab new bumpers and winch mount and rock sliders in my shop. Will incorperate the onboard air into the bumpers. Intersted in your lift and suspension upgrade selections. I may duplicate some of it in the fab shop.
What do you think about a 4cylinder cummins turbo swap? looks like with prior projects, I could triple the touque output and almost double the fuel mileage as well as make bio fuel an option anywhere I go. I love this thing.
Some of the plastic cheesy **** has to go. I will rework the dash and the dome light right away.
sorry to run on, but glad I finally got one in excellent shape. Hope to hear from you or direct me to a place where everyone is. thanks,
shane:thumb-up:

TSR53
02-05-2007, 06:25 AM
Welcome to the RN Forums and hope you enjoy your Defender 90! Now go out off-roading and get some photos...:sly: (in my old D90 on the Black Bear Pass trail dropping into Telluride, CO)

http://www.roversnorth.com/gallery/gal/Solihull_Society_Nationals/2001-Solihull_Nationals_Ouray,CO/co71b.jpg

huck1974
02-05-2007, 07:00 PM
from purgatory.
used to do jeep tours over blackbear. tohelluride
glad you enjoyed black bear. try holy cross on tennesee pass.

Jeff Aronson
02-08-2007, 04:39 PM
I don't know where you're located but East Coast Rover in Maine has done a lot of gas to diesel engine swaps. There are other systems that need to change in order for it to work successfully. ECR has used Rover diesels with great success. You might want to look for information at their web site at www.eastcoastrover.com.

Jeff

Les Parker
02-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Jeff,
Dont forget about the 4X4 Centre In South Burlington:-

Tel 802-864-8565

huck1974
02-09-2007, 07:13 PM
I prefer to use a far surperior power plant in the cummins turbo which can be purchased with ecu and a custom plate can be manufacured fairly easily. Sorry If I upset any diehard "it must stay rover guys", but there is a better way. other swaps with this setup have proven excellent.

Jeff Aronson
02-12-2007, 04:32 PM
Yes, Les, I should have mentioned the 4 x 4 Center, too, although I don't know what their experience is with diesel conversions.

As for Cummins diesels, the ones on Dodge Ram pickups on my island town do not draw rave reviews from the fishermen and builders who own and use them. Compared to the smooth running and near-instant high torque of the Rover engines, they're a tough sell to me. However, unlike the Rover, they are certified by the EPA so you may not have any choice.

I'd certainly take the Defender 90 offroad first and challenge the V-8 before making the switch. Know what you have as a balanced package so you know what you think you need for improvements.

Good luck with the Defender,

Jeff