PDA

View Full Version : IT'S ALIIIIVVVE!!!

scott
08-01-2009, 10:46 PM
i feel like freak'n gene wilder! the princess di(ed) died last september. a couple thousand hours and a few thousand dollars later and i drove her down the street and back! no wings or hood on her yet and i need to put in the rear wiring loom and put the dash and floor back in. but on her own power i move her from in front of the garage to her own parking spot along side of the driveway. another week or two and it'll be my dailey driver again!

all it needed was a motor rebuild but when i finished that i just couldn't put it back in that dirty old engine bay. started removing parts for cleaning and painting. ended up strip'n it down to a bare frame all the way to the seat box. cut and patched the bulkhead, por 15 the bulkhead and frame and replaced 99% of the nuts and bolts, original flat limestone on the floor boards, bulkhead and breakfast.

badvibes
08-02-2009, 06:10 AM
So who's brain did you bring me?
I dunno. Abbey someone.
Very cool Gene.

NepentheSea
08-02-2009, 02:34 PM
pics pics pics!!

Tim Smith
08-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Congrats Scott!

NickDawson
08-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Im inspired! Congrats!

scott
08-04-2009, 08:51 PM
i guess i have to delete pics from old posts before i can post more. i was thinking of videoing an inspection and posting on youtube. i'll put the link here and maybe you guys can help me diagnos and smooth out the motor. when i drove it up the street and back i couldn't tell if it was balless or if i just forgot what a dog this thing is. it has been 11 months and my recall ain't what it used to be

SafeAirOne
08-04-2009, 09:04 PM
...i couldn't tell if it was balless or if i just forgot what a dog this thing is. it has been 11 months and my recall ain't what it used to be

I would think that a new/freshly rebuilt 8:1, 2 1/4 petrol would be fairly peppy (for a Rover). Didn't I read that you put in a 2.5 cam?

scott
08-04-2009, 09:45 PM
yep it's got a 2.5 cam but i've been driving a ford exploder or our lr3 for the last 11 months and i might have forgot what 100 hp feels like.