PDA

View Full Version : Rochester to intake elbow

SeriesShorty
08-05-2009, 03:42 PM
So I got my new-to-me Rochester in and running but having a hard time thinking out of the box to adapt it to fit my intake elbow. It's a tall carb anyways, but at least my Zenith type adapter has been removed so it's closer to the manifold leaving a bit more room between the hood.

The Rochester is about 2 1/4" OD and my elbow is about 2 3/4". Couldn't find a rubber plumbing type adapter close enough to those sizes. I'm not sure if my elbow has been altered cause I've never seen anyone elses. Mine looks like it's been cut all the way down the middle, flattened and welded back together. Is this typical?

Any other suggestions on getting this thing to mate up to my stock air filter using the existing elbow? Have an exhaust shop custom make an elbow to fit? Of course, pictures always help as my brain doesn't quite work too well with words. :p

BGGB
08-05-2009, 05:40 PM
i have a rochester carb also i used a searched far and wide for a adaptor that would work. i ended up just getting one from roversnorth for one of the other carbs and stretched it to fit. it does fit be just barely i had to heat it in warm water to get it over the elbow, the carb side is easy to fit thought and can be removed and put back on with no problem. not sure how much this helps you but just letting you know that with a little elbow grease (pun intended) i will slip on there. good luck

graniterover
08-05-2009, 07:22 PM
<<Mine looks like it's been cut all the way down the middle, flattened and welded back together. Is this typical?>>

yes