PDA

View Full Version : My Series III pictured in Land Rover Owner International magazine

wooday
08-05-2009, 04:42 PM
I'm thumbing through the magazines at Borders while waiting for the wife to do some shopping and to my surprise I see my Series III pictured on page 104 of the current Land Rover Owner International magazine! I snapped a picture (below) - mine is the green one with the tan top on the right. That's my license plate and Lake Washington in the background. I wonder how they got hold of those pictures?!
http://www.landroversonly.com/gallery/file.php?n=889&w=o
Needless to say I bought the magazine.
Cheers!

NickDawson
08-05-2009, 06:00 PM
Wow congrats!
As a series owner I'd be beside myself...
As a photographer I'd be a little miffed - I'd say you at least deserve a free subscription :D

wooday
08-05-2009, 06:02 PM
...I'd say you at least deserve a free subscription :D

YES! :D

4flattires
08-05-2009, 08:44 PM
I wonder how they got hold of those pictures?

Ever post a pic of it on the web? ;)

Jeff

Leslie
08-06-2009, 08:01 AM
It's not the magazine that matters, it's Exmoor Trim, they used your photo in their ad w/o asking first..... ask for a free top or a set of seats!

wooday
08-06-2009, 08:47 AM
I do have a new set of Exmoor Extreme seats and a new Exmoor Mohair top. I wrote about my new top on the LRO forum and posted those pics. I guess Exmoor did a search and liked my pictures. So does this mean that anything posted here is fair game for companies to use in marketing/advertising? That wasn't my intent when I posted the pics of my truck - of course I'm flattered to see my truck in glossy for world distribution... =)

bmohan55
08-06-2009, 09:02 AM
Next thing you know they will be using images from Google Earth!

But as long as the truck looks good that would be alright with me.

NelsAnderson
08-06-2009, 09:46 AM
I do have a new set of Exmoor Extreme seats and a new Exmoor Mohair top. I wrote about my new top on the LRO forum and posted those pics. I guess Exmoor did a search and liked my pictures. So does this mean that anything posted here is fair game for companies to use in marketing/advertising? That wasn't my intent when I posted the pics of my truck - of course I'm flattered to see my truck in glossy for world distribution... =)

If you want to get into it, use of your photos like this for commercial purposes is copyright infringement so really they ought to offer you something in return for their use.

I actually had a somewhat similar experience a few years ago, when flipping through LRM I spotted my truck in an article. I didn't take the photos, so no copyright issues, but it sure was a surprise:

http://www.no12.us/lrm1.htm

thixon
08-06-2009, 12:50 PM
Nels,

you win the prize for greatest name of a truck ever! "The Green Bean" rules!

Rineheitzgabot
08-06-2009, 01:31 PM
I think there is a website; possibly European, that focuses on names of Land Rovers. You should register it there.

I'm serious; google it.

LRMAN
08-06-2009, 02:10 PM
Can't hurt to ask for some swag!

K Madigan
08-06-2009, 07:52 PM
That is awesome. Congrats.

NelsAnderson
08-07-2009, 08:28 AM
Nels,

you win the prize for greatest name of a truck ever! "The Green Bean" rules!

Oh, you like the name :-)

Me too, but it came with the truck, rather than being my own invention. I'm not very good at that sort of thing...my '53 MG is still lacking a name.

zayante
08-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Happens all the time...Imagine the surprise of the family who learned that their Christmas photo was on the side of a Czech store. I'm thinking free groceries.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31214408/