PDA

View Full Version : New Shoes for my Series III

K Madigan
08-05-2009, 08:01 PM
I have been working wheel and tire project all summer, that finally came to a conclusion tonight.

New 16" steel wheels, that I stripped, prepped and painted. Followed by a new set of 16" Wrangler MTR's (235/85/16). Only got to drive it around the block once tonight, have to wait for the weekend to take it out.

Wanted to share my news with others that may appreciate it.

LaneRover
08-05-2009, 11:45 PM
Very nice!

Tim Smith
08-06-2009, 08:03 AM
You'll have to update us on what you think of these tires. They seem to have a series look to them.

wooday
08-06-2009, 01:53 PM
Ah I've got Goodyear MT/Rs on my RRC. Love those tires. At 10K miles they've worn well - though a touch louder than when new. I like the freeway 'hum' actually.

Good choice!

Tim Smith
08-06-2009, 02:13 PM
Ah I've got Goodyear MT/Rs on my RRC. Love those tires. At 10K miles they've worn well - though a touch louder than when new. I like the freeway 'hum' actually.

Good choice!
Since you are in Seattle I have to ask, how are they in the rain?

wooday
08-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Great! I haven't noticed any reduced rain-performance over the all season set that was on there previously. And they're good in snow too. The RRC is my ski truck and these tires have done very well the last couple seasons. They chomp through the deep stuff, handle snow/ice crud fine and do as well as anything else on ice.

*Note: my RRC weights over 6000lbs, results may vary with a lighter Series

graniterover
08-06-2009, 09:11 PM
I have them on my daily driver. After 50% wear they are pretty loud and the traction in mud etc goes way down. I guess that's expected. I still love them though, and would buy them again.