PDA

View Full Version : 96' Discovery - 5 speed, winch, 70k mi.

DaveC
08-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Selling my 96' Discovery with 5-speed manual and 70k miles. I've enjoyed driving and working on it but need more of a daily driver. I built the sliders and winch bumper and installed the on-board air. I have a new detroit truetrac LSD in the rear axle. It has loads of new parts and a great maintenance history. The engine was rebuilt with a new Bosch engine block at 40k by Robison Service (I have documentation of the work). Everything that needed work or replacement was attended to. I have treated any rust over the years in the usual places but the truck is very solid. All the hubs and the swivel balls have been rebuilt. The work at Robison Service included:

-new engine block rebuilt with new injectors, fuel rail, updated carbon cutting valves, updated PROM, and all that was needed.
-new clutch at same time (40k miles)
-AC recharged

New parts and jobs I've done:

-4 new bilsteins this year (with receipt/warranty)
-4 reman. calipers, new rear rotors (brakes work much better)
-swivel balls completely rebuilt with new seals, flat bearings and washers
-cooling system hoses, reservoir
-PS lines are new genuine
-oil cooling lines, new genuine (I added a wrap for more protection)
-water pump is new (not Proline) and belt
-truetrac rear diff
-superwinch EP9 (brand new)
-sturdy winch bumper with dual recovery points
-Quick-Air 2 with 2.5 gallon tank/ custom skid plate
-fuel tank and pump
-rear cargo liner with disco 2 tie downs

Older parts that were replaced:

-gear reduction Denso starter
-borla ss exhaust
-rockware trailing links
-optima blue top
-ARB headlight wiring harness upgrade
-brake master cylinder
-bearmach hd drag and track links, OME damper/relocated

Probably more I'm forgetting. The truck is very strong and the R380 gearbox shifts perfectly. Once in a while I will get a high idle when cold but it always adjusts. CDL works as it should also. Everything works. Sunroofs are sealed and the windshield is new. Fluids have all been changed frequently. The truck will last a long time. E-mail me for more info or pics- roverfolly@aol.com. Truck is located in MA. Asking $6500. Thanks, Dave

DaveC
08-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Also has almost new BFG MTs with matching spare, LR hd springs, diff guards front and rear.

DaveC
08-08-2009, 09:23 PM
few more pics

DaveC
08-09-2009, 04:22 PM
couple more pics.. The truck is very clean underneath.

DaveC
08-09-2009, 04:26 PM
Here is the air tanks skid plate with drain plug access.

Terrys
08-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Where in MA? Can you post a couple of pics of the rear wheel arches, inside the rear doors, L&R.

DaveC
08-09-2009, 07:22 PM
Truck is in Pittsfield, MA. Here's a pic of a rear wheel arch. Both sides are the same. Both had surface rust but not through. I sanded the area, used a little body filler and painted and sealed the seems. You could go over the area with matching Epsom green paint. They've been good for a year now. The rear cargo floor is in great shape. Both front footwells had some rust in the corner, but they're fine now as well as underneath. I used bedliner paint in the front footwells. Two years ago I removed both front fenders and fixed some rust near the footwells and under the headlights (some sheetmetal and rivets were used), but I haven't seen any new rust. Rear footwells had one spot of rust each as well. I've stayed on top of the rust and fixed the usual spots as best I could. It's not perfectly restored, but it's not rusty anywhere. Thanks, Dave

DaveC
08-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Few other things I forgot. I have used a wax and oil mixture in the doors, wings, frame, headlight boxes, etc. The engine, R380, TC, cooling system, and swivel balls are all extremely clean. The disco drives really well and actually self centers well with only 1" lift in front. The Land Rover springs flex very well but do take a heavier load than stock. The disco has never really seen mud or offroad.. This was my plan as I was building it but things changed.

DaveC
08-10-2009, 07:52 PM
pics

DaveC
08-26-2009, 09:00 PM
no longer for sale, can't do it