PDA

View Full Version : converting front hubs on a mod 109 2a

glbft1
08-09-2009, 06:28 AM
greetings,
Want to change my hubs on my rig to warn, currently have dual selecto-matic hubs that leak and the metal tabs have a hard time staying in place,

what fits and how hard is the conversion?
Many thanks:thumb-up:

rovertek
08-09-2009, 06:38 AM
simple remove the old ones and install the warns with new gaskets and felts, i have good used warns FS.....

Linus Tremaine
08-10-2009, 12:34 AM
If they are warn m-11s:

I had to grind the ends of my axles down to fit the warn hubs on my dormobile. You may have to do this too!

I was not able to buy gaskets for the warn hubs from warn so you will have to just use your own sealant- suggest permatex "the right stuff" or permatex anaerobic gasket maker.

The actual seal that keeps oil from leaking out the front is an o-ring. You should change that but its hard. There are some screws inside the cap that have a flat edge where metal from the hub has been peened in to lock them in place. These have to come out in order to change the o-ring. Then, you have to find a place that sells o-rings...

You may get lucky and get a set that dont leak, but I didnt. I left them on with the leak because I got too annoyed trying to get those two screws out.

Yeah, otherwise simply take the old ones off and put the new ones on...

east high
10-03-2009, 10:44 PM
I found this thread and decided to add to it rather than start my own. I have a pair of Warn M-11 hubs that I'm gonna throw on my '67 88. I have replacement o-rings and got that pesky inner hex bolt out with a bit of heat. Is the swap as easy as removing the old hubs and bolting the new ones on? Do I have to worry about draining the diff. oil or anything?

Thanks-