PDA

View Full Version : Disco Steelies for the Series

ScottT
08-09-2009, 10:47 AM
Alright folks, I know TeriAnn and Bill in Maine previously said the steel disco rims fit a series. Are all steel disco rims the same in terms of look and construction? I found at least one locally and 3-4 rims, three hours away.
Any know for sure before making the drive.
Thanks
Scott

KingSlug
08-10-2009, 08:53 AM
If they are from a Disco 1 then yes they are the same, except some were silver and some black. Just ask sellers if they are a star pattern or a complete round, I bought steel wheels off a Disco sight unseen that turned out to be D110 rims which I sold for at a mark-up to someone who needed them bad. Back in the days of the D-1s you could pop in the dealer and buy the rims cheap, as alot of owner wanted all matching alloys.

Jared

ScottT
08-10-2009, 12:54 PM
Just what i needed. Thank you

If they are from a Disco 1 then yes they are the
same, except some were silver and some black. Just ask sellers if they are a star pattern or a complete round, I bought steel wheels off a Disco sight unseen that turned out to be D110 rims which I sold for at a mark-up to someone who needed them bad. Back in the days of the D-1s you could pop in the dealer and buy the rims cheap, as alot of owner wanted all matching alloys.

Jared

Leslie
08-10-2009, 10:58 PM
http://www.roversnorth.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1098&d=1219628370

If you want to see 'em in limestone (prior to painting the door-tops...)....

Dashface
08-11-2009, 01:50 AM
Those look fantastic! God I want that!

...And I also want them like that on my Disco :D Of course, up here in Canada it would cost me about 1 million dollars for enough rims to use on both Rovers :mad:

LaneRover
08-11-2009, 08:51 AM
Those look fantastic! God I want that!

...And I also want them like that on my Disco :D Of course, up here in Canada it would cost me about 1 million dollars for enough rims to use on both Rovers :mad:

Ya but thats in Canadian money!