PDA

View Full Version : Supercharger

JimCT
08-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Has anyone tried a Moss Motors supercharger? 33 more HP on a MGB engine. 50more ft/lbs torque. Certainly a noticeable increase and looks kind of doable. www.mossmotors.com

LaneRover
08-09-2009, 10:59 PM
A couple/few years ago LREnthusiast had an article about a guy who took the supercharger from a Mini and put it on a Series I. Is it worth it to try that?

I guess that Mini owners like to upgrade their superchargers so you can get the type that was original pretty cheap.

Brent

TeriAnn
08-10-2009, 12:46 AM
Has anyone tried a Moss Motors supercharger? 33 more HP on a MGB engine. 50more ft/lbs torque. Certainly a noticeable increase and looks kind of doable. www.mossmotors.com (http://www.mossmotors.com)

I'm assuming you are referring to a LR engine and not an MGB engine. If that's the case you might want to spend a little time pondering why LR went from a 3 main engine to a 5 main engine before adding a turbo to their diesel version.

Something to wonder about.

thixon
08-10-2009, 09:48 AM
I installed one on a midget once for a guy. It was a wild ride for sure!. It became a leaky beast really fast though. Blew every seal in the motor.

JimCT
08-10-2009, 03:36 PM
I think the secret is not that much blower pressure and keeping the RPM's the same.