PDA

View Full Version : How to Tell a NADA from a regular engine

willyswagon
08-11-2009, 06:15 AM
I found someone who has a 67 series IIa and clames it is a NADA. I don't know much about the rover 6 cylnders and wanted some help. I saw the info about the VIN# and will deffiently check that out. But what about the engine it's self? does it have any very obivoius differances? It has a very strange looking valve covor with a large side draft carb. Also does the engine have any value? I know it's rare what does a complete engine go for? I see that the NADA's have good power but I am scared of the parts availability.
thanks,
Stephen Willyswagon@hotmail.com

Blueboy
08-11-2009, 09:00 AM
go here http://www.eastcoastrover.com/INFOSeriesIIA.html and scroll down.

there is a nice pic of the NADA 109 6-cylinder engine for you.

Jaime

Linus Tremaine
08-11-2009, 09:52 AM
The vin is the easiest way to tell. 343 in the beginning is NADA. Like the picture shows, it has a giant air cleaner that looks like a muffler. That is the most telling difference- that and the carb. The NADA has an SU and the euro six has (i think) a stromberg.

Other than those differences, its hard to tell. The valve cover is different (the whole head is different) but the block is pretty much the same.

The engines arent really worth anything as few people tend to like them. They require maintenance at proper intervals where as the 2.25 will keep running for ever even if you ignore it. As a result, the six gets a bad reputation. You may find someone who will buy it, but not for much money. They certainly have a group of people (myself included) will will defend them as good engines but they do have their weaknesses.

chester rides again
08-12-2009, 11:06 PM
It doesn't have an English accent when it runs....

willyswagon
08-13-2009, 03:14 PM
thanks for all the info. the air cleaner was off so i will have to ask the guy about that and look at the vin#. thanks again,
stephen