PDA

View Full Version : Where to find pick up top parts

SeriesShorty
08-11-2009, 09:50 AM
Anyone know where to get the curved side glass and the rear bulkhead mounting plate thingy for a pick up top?

If anyone has any good pics of how it mounts to the rear bulkhead on an 88" or interior finished pics showing what you did for headliner or seatbelt mounting that would be groovy, too. You can email to discojen@charter.net to save your RN space.

I won't be picking up my top for another month or so but want to get prepared for it.

Thanks!
J

ScottT
08-11-2009, 08:55 PM
I'd be interested in a headliner pics
for a truck cab. I didn't know I was missing one. :rolleyes:

TJR
08-12-2009, 05:47 AM
Anyone know where to get the curved side glass and the rear bulkhead mounting plate thingy for a pick up top?

J

Did you try our hosts?

otherwise
[URL]

..TJR

Les Parker
08-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Hello there,

The curved glass # 's are:-

MTC3461 RH $134.00 Spec ORder
MTC3462 LH

Galv adaptor plate for 88" is 346325 $40.89 Special Order

:thumb-up:

HeadlinerExpress
08-22-2009, 07:32 AM
I may be able to help if i knew exactly which model Landrover you need Pictures for pertaing to any part of the Headliner and interior body.

Someone mentioned a 88 so should i assume were talking about a Classic ?

Bill

czenkov
08-22-2009, 08:35 AM
88" wheelbase Series vehicle. Here is what they look like. Here are attachment pics as well. Sorry, no headliner in mine.

ScottT
08-22-2009, 12:40 PM
I'd be interested in seeing a headliner for a truck cab. My IIA, 109 doesn't have anything but painted aluminum.

I may be able to help if i knew exactly which model Landrover you need Pictures for pertaing to any part of the Headliner and interior body.

Someone mentioned a 88 so should i assume were talking about a Classic ?

Bill

SeriesShorty
08-22-2009, 06:00 PM
Thanks for posting up your interior pics Czenkov. Very nice looking truck, too! I reckon painted aluminum is the way to go since I haven't heard too much about actual headliners in these things. I'll guess once I actually get down to TN to pick mine up and see one in person for the first time that I'll have a better idea on if I'm gonna paint or fab up something to "finish" off the interior. I'm only 5' tall so it's not like I am worried about having a more cushioned ceiling as my melon doesn't come anywhere near the roof. :)

Hey Bill! I think you may know a friend of mine, Ed. I was in the FLRC for a few years before I moved to St. Louis. I've heard great things about your work. By 88", it's actually referring to an 88" wheelbase Series truck. In my case, a 1966 Series IIa 88". Have you ever done anything for the older Rovers?

czenkov
08-22-2009, 09:28 PM
Thanks, I like it. From what I understand a liner of some sort will help cut down the reverberated noise as it helps deaden the sound. Mine is pretty loud going down the road but have nothing to compare it too. I am probably going to source full hardtop - the 1/4 cab is cool but limits camping opportunity etc... Couple more pics from the outside and underneath the outside lip created by the, evidently, plate necessary for 88" application.

leafsprung
08-22-2009, 09:37 PM
there was a headliner available, but its rare to see one.

-ike

ScottT
08-22-2009, 11:43 PM
Mine is loud too, the canvas top is much quieter. I have a good amount of wind noise due to the sun sheet. Even with the sheet it is much quieter than my liner-less 88. That was loud and cold.

From what I understand a liner of some sort will help cut down the reverberated noise as it helps deaden the sound. Mine is pretty loud going down the road but have nothing to compare it too. I am probably going to source full hardtop - the 1/4 cab is cool but limits camping opportunity etc... Couple more pics from the outside and underneath the outside lip created by the, evidently, plate necessary for 88" application.