PDA

View Full Version : Beginning search for Series IIa 88

CRiordan01
08-21-2009, 03:02 PM
Greetings all,

I am new to this forum and seeking some advice. I am beginning to look for a Series IIa 88, (mid-60's preferred) and I am curious to know what the realistic price range for one is. I have been through numerous forums and seen suggestions that a very clean example can be had for ten thousand or so. Is that an accurate assessment? What would you expect to pay for one that is a solid driver with little-to-no rust, but that needs some work?

Any input is greatly appreciated -- I am trying to find a way to snag one of these without angering my wife.

Cheers.

C. Riordan

Tim Smith
08-22-2009, 04:49 PM
$10,000 should get you a very nice example. If you spend your time looking you'll start to get an idea of what the market is. The trick is to not get emotional and just keep looking. If you are new to series trucks then do not jump the gun without getting some second opinions.

Take a look on the Series section of this forum because there have been a couple of conversations in the last year or so from folks who are right about where you are now.

JackIIA
08-27-2009, 05:10 PM
C - I may be posting this incorrectly, but try the thread below. It basically follows a recent purchase (Nick Dawson) and all the help he got along the way from the forum. If you already know what you want and are just interested in pricing alone, then it probably won't provide much data. But if you don't know these trucks and the pitfalls, it's worth a review of the 14 pages of advice! Good luck.

PS - If the link doesn't work, do a search under the forum for "Found One" that is the subject line of the thread.

http://www.roversnorth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6566&highlight=Buying+Series

CRiordan01
08-30-2009, 10:54 AM
I wanted to thank both of you for your feedback -- it is appreciated. JackIIa - I am working throught the tread you sent. Definitely helpful!

I have been watching different sales on various sites for about 8 months, so I have a sense of some of the more obvious things to look for (rust in the footwells, etc.). With that said, I am new to series Rovers so if there are any major issues with IIa's that jump to mind, and that should be watched for, let me know!

Thanks!

C. Riordan