PDA

View Full Version : Soft top staining windshield

SeriesShorty
08-25-2009, 01:46 PM
My soft top was treated with waterproofing before I bought it, but I am still getting some terrible staining of anything below it. It's annoying enough that my tub sides are stained with dark streaks from water dripping down the top, but it's downright dangerous on my windshield. And I haven't been able to sufficiently get it off either; each time I get fuel I use the window cleaner station which helps but you can still see a greasy type of stain on the glass. When the sun hits it it's impossible to see out of.

How are you guys keeping your tops from staining your body and making your windshield a liability?

Thanks,
J

I Leak Oil
08-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Clean the windshield? Seriously, until the canvas loses all that stuff you won't win.

Blueboy
08-26-2009, 07:47 AM
And I haven't been able to sufficiently get it off either; each time I get fuel I use the window cleaner station which helps but you can still see a greasy type of stain on the glass

if you need to really clean your glass, try this:

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/car+care/glass+cleaning/fine+glass+polish%2C+16+ounces.do

works great.

Jaime

jac04
08-26-2009, 11:40 AM
...or use Bon Ami kitchen cleanser on a damp sponge - works like a charm. The other product I really like is Janvil Glass Renew, but it's a bit pricey.

SeriesShorty
08-26-2009, 01:14 PM
Got it...polish windshield...repeat as required...accept and love my truck for all of it's quirks. :D I can do that!

And thanks for the product links.