PDA

View Full Version : Central door lock or alarm issue

EV_101
08-27-2009, 01:26 PM
I took my 95 LWB Classic on difficult trip a couple of weeks ago. Had a great time and despite some mayhem and breakage of an axle by someone else, other than a minor fuel issue in my vehicle everything seemed fine.

Flash forward to last week and the central locking seems to have a mind of its own. It's been locking, unlocking and relocking in quick sequence. However, the only door that seems to unlock is the front passenger door so I have to sneak in (pull the door latch) as soon as I see the locks come up.

I've owned Land Rovers most of my life and currently have three, but this is the most bizarre thing I've ever experienced.

Any thoughts, suggestions- or perhaps warnings?

Thanks in advance.

Joey4420
08-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Sounds like a short in the wiring, or a bad ground.

dieselrangerover
09-28-2009, 10:48 PM
maybe your lock actuators are out of adjustment? i found that my passenger door lock seems to throw things off some time and it doesn't always unlock all the way when i use the key on that side

EV_101
10-03-2009, 10:58 AM
I've checked the wiring and grounds haven't found anything out of sorts, yet. That certainly is another possibility I can look at next.

Thanks for the suggestions- please keep them coming.

maybe your lock actuators are out of adjustment? i found that my passenger door lock seems to throw things off some time and it doesn't always unlock all the way when i use the key on that side