PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting the Doors Help?

amcordo
08-31-2009, 10:15 AM
Hey all!

I have the Haynes manual for the safari truck and the explanation for adjusting the doors is inadequate. My two rear doors are too low and you really have to close them hard to get them to latch. How do I adjust them? I've attached two photos with the fasteners for the doors numbered so that if those are what I adjust it's easier to explain...

Thanks!

superstator
08-31-2009, 12:01 PM
Yup. Loosen those bolts, get the doors lined back up, and tighten them back down. It's a bit fiddly with one person - I used a jack and a bunch of wood shims to get them positioned, then hurried to tighten them before something shifted...

amcordo
08-31-2009, 12:43 PM
Thanks!

Yup. Loosen those bolts, get the doors lined back up, and tighten them back down. It's a bit fiddly with one person - I used a jack and a bunch of wood shims to get them positioned, then hurried to tighten them before something shifted...

Cosmic88
09-01-2009, 08:47 AM
I do apologize in advance if I am stating the obvious... Those defender hinges are handed. There is a definite top and bottom hinge (for the front door, not the problem here though)) and left and right cannot be swapped either. Did you just get 'em or are your simply adjusting them?

I only ask this because of the difficulty closing the doors...

amcordo
09-01-2009, 08:40 PM
They came with the vehicle - didn't even know they were Defender hinges. Supposedly the doors lined up alright before he took it to Moab and had someone hang on the open door to keep the boat from capsizing on a severe angle. What does this change?

I do apologize in advance if I am stating the obvious... Those defender hinges are handed. There is a definite top and bottom hinge (for the front door, not the problem here though)) and left and right cannot be swapped either. Did you just get 'em or are your simply adjusting them?

I only ask this because of the difficulty closing the doors...