PDA

View Full Version : DASH PANEL

swanny681
09-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Anyone have any pictures of a good series IIA dash panel both front and back and what are the markings on the main light swict

h= headlights ?
s= running lights?
a= ampgauge?

Thanks Swanny

Nium
09-03-2009, 04:25 PM
You'll have to decide if this is a good dash, but here's a pic of the one in my rig.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3628/3885525184_4c57d5fa63.jpg

Switches from left to right
Heater, Wiper, Side/Head, Panel Lts/Interieor Lts

Sorry but I'm not really inclined to pull it out to photo the back. What were you wanting to see?

HybridIIA
09-03-2009, 06:39 PM
Sounds like you have an early IIA dash? My light switch says H/S/Off... of which you have the H and S identified correctly. Below is a photo of my early IIA dash, but it is not quite stock. I swapped in a different speedo, removed the amp gauge & moved the main beam indicator light in its place, and added a temp gauge to where the main beam was.

Anyone have any pictures of a good series IIA dash panel both front and back and what are the markings on the main light swict

h= headlights ?
s= running lights?
a= ampgauge?

Thanks Swanny

superstator
09-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Mine is exactly like Nium's, except the heater switch and choke are reversed (and my choke has been repurposed as a diesel pump cut-off). I thought the textured black panels where a NADA 109 thing only?

Nium
09-03-2009, 09:15 PM
superstator,

Truth be told I'm not 100% sure that my dash is stock. I guess I should of put in a disclaimer or somethin. The history I know of Ronnie is that the first owner use to drive 'im back and forth from Maine to Key West. The owner's, my family got him from, found him with a palm tree growing through the engine bay in Key West. Rescued and restored him to running condition. That was sometime in the early '80s I have bins of paper work somewhere. My Dad bought him from them and I got Ronnie from him, years ago. The dash very well could be from a 109.

Kinda an interesting side note. My dad told me that the people he got Ronnie from worked with Mel Fischer when he found the Atocha. They'd load up the back of Ronnie with silver bars and haul them from the docks to the warehouse where they'd clean up all the treasure. Not saying I know it's fact just what me dad told me.

What did you mean by "textured black panel"? The dash is just smooth painted metal.

HybridIIA
09-03-2009, 09:21 PM
You are correct, only NADA 109's got the textured black dash panel. However, later IIA's got black (non-textured) dash panels regardless of the body color... which is what I think Nium's is.

Mine is exactly like Nium's, except the heater switch and choke are reversed (and my choke has been repurposed as a diesel pump cut-off). I thought the textured black panels where a NADA 109 thing only?

superstator
09-03-2009, 11:21 PM
superstator,
What did you mean by "textured black panel"? The dash is just smooth painted metal.

Ah - I saw the year and it looked so much like mine that I wondered if the factory might have thrown in a NADA panel on an 88 just to keep us on our toes.

Andrew IIA
09-04-2009, 08:50 AM
I just happen to have a pic of the back of my early IIA dash panel handy. I had it open to track down a charging system problem; the yellow wire on the lower left is a 'jumper' i put on the charge light to help diagnosis.

My light light switch has 'Off' 'S' (for Side) and 'H' (for Head).

Best regards, Andrew
'63 SIIA 88" SW