PDA

View Full Version : What type of flare on Brake Dual Master Cyliner

thixon
09-15-2009, 08:40 AM
I'm at work, and can't go look. Does the SIII dual master require a singl flare, a double flare, or a bubble flare?

Should be bubble for male fittings, and single/double for female..is that right?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Les Parker
09-15-2009, 08:55 AM
Hello there,

Both of the brake pipe should have a single flare on them.
Hope this helps.

:thumb-up:

thixon
09-15-2009, 09:08 AM
Thanks Les.

Just to make sure, the tube ends into the master itself need a single for both front and rear circuits?

Les Parker
09-15-2009, 09:12 AM
Yessiree,

Doubles at the female end.
Are you nearing the end of the rebuild?

jac04
09-15-2009, 01:34 PM
The ends of the brake lines that go into the master cylinder are bubble flares, which are male and different from single flares, which are female. As Les noted, all female flares should be double flares on our brake system.

Also note that there are different bubble flares. Mine, being a 1983 with a metric master cylinder, were metric bubble flares. The bubbles flares on standard Series 3 lines are not metric - I guess they are a British bubble flare.

thixon
09-17-2009, 07:20 AM
Yessiree,

Doubles at the female end.
Are you nearing the end of the rebuild?

Les,

Getting closer to finishing, but not there yet. I'm gonna test fit the body panels this weekend. If all goes well, I'll take care of any fit issues, and then start thinking about finishing the paint. I may go for a neighborhood first run if I get everything plumbed. We'll see. I still have a ton to do.

Tim Smith
09-17-2009, 08:50 AM
Anyone got a good line on a flare kit that would take care of all the different types found on a rover? I mostly just see the single flare type but maybe I'm not looking on the right shelves.

Bertha
09-17-2009, 09:56 AM
Anyone got a good line on a flare kit that would take care of all the different types found on a rover? I mostly just see the single flare type but maybe I'm not looking on the right shelves.

I bought the tool Eastwood sells and it works very well. It may be pricey if you are just doing one truck, but c'mon who only stops at one Rover.
All kidding aside Tim, you are welcome to come over and borrow/try out the tool if you need to do some flares. There is more than one type and the tool covers them all.

Tim Smith
09-17-2009, 09:58 AM
I might just take you up on that offer.

Uh oh. Now see what you've done? :D

Thanks.

Les Parker
09-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Time for a Beatle's tune.....
The long, winding road........ da-da , that leads to your door....