PDA

View Full Version : Engine Mounts

utahseries
09-19-2009, 09:48 PM
I was wondering what the main differences were between the petrol 2.25 engine mounts and the diesel 2.25 other than strength? if I essentially wanted a rediculously strong mount, couldn't I use the diesel mounts? I hate how many dumb questions I have!

TeriAnn
09-20-2009, 12:08 AM
I was wondering what the main differences were between the petrol 2.25 engine mounts and the diesel 2.25 other than strength? if I essentially wanted a rediculously strong mount, couldn't I use the diesel mounts? I hate how many dumb questions I have!

I don't know about "ridiculously stronger" but factory diesel engine mounts have greater rubber to metal tare resistance along one axis. Because of this increased rigidity, diesel mounts are supposed to be less affective at dampening engine vibrations from being transferred to the frame. I was never able to tell the difference in feel. I abandoned petrol engine mounts in '97 when I lost both engine mounts in a canyon along Death Valley and I practically had to pave the trail going back, stopping frequently to lever the engine back towards the stock location. I went exclusively to diesel mounts oriented in the direction for maximum tare resistance along the vehicle's longitudinal axis. I use them on my transfercase.

I highly recommend them.

KevinNY
09-20-2009, 07:46 AM
I use the diesel mounts as well for engine and transfer case.

utahseries
09-20-2009, 04:20 PM
Thank You!

TJR
09-22-2009, 05:13 PM
While talking about engine mounts, The two brackets that bolt to the 2.25 block each have 2 bolts.
Of the 4 bolts required one is 1/8 longer according to the parts diagrams. Where does the longer bolt go? Left Right top bottom?? Thanks..TJR