PDA

View Full Version : 1973 Series III, 88" for sale

laurenceholden
09-25-2009, 10:10 PM
FOR SALE: Land Rover Series III 88” 1973. $12,500

This 1973 Series III model 88 Land Rover has been maintained carefully and continuously improved. In 1989 it was the “project car” for Lanny Clark of Rovers North who restored it with $5,000 (1989 dollars) of new parts. Another $3.500 in restorations/improvements have been added since 1989 (not including routine maintenance). This includes starter motor, alternator, brakes (complete), fuel pump, carb, distributor, track and tie rods, driver’s side seat, and a refurbished differential, new rear springs and new rear frame crossmember (1998). Only genuine Land Rover parts have ever been used. Frame and body are in very good condition. Block heater, Fairey overdrive, freewheeling front hubs. Handles and runs beautifully.

I am the third owner and bought this Rover in 1999. The vehicle was garaged and driven daily from 1989 to 1998, and during my ownership was driven weekends. It has been in storage since 2005. I am located in N. Ga. 110 miles north of Atlanta. E-mail Laurence Holden for more info & pics at <laurenceholden@windstream.net>.

laurenceholden
03-21-2010, 06:42 PM
I have reduced the price to $11.500.

Well - we've had quite a bit of snow this winter, so my Rover became my daily drive. Drives beautifully, as it always did, on snow and ice. In January found the clutch master cylinder wouldn't maintain all its pressure so replaced it with a new Genuine Land Rover master cylinder. Runs great again. The snow is gone now, but since it gets better gas mileage than my '79 PU (18mpg on the road with the overdrive) it's become my daily drive. Perfect for these mountain roads and for looking for new places to fly fish for wild trout.