PDA

View Full Version : Off Road Light Bar Options

amcordo
09-26-2009, 09:15 PM
Hi all!

Has anyone fabricated/purchased a light bar for their Series? I don't want to get a full roof rack, but I could use some lights mounted on my roof. I'm looking for ideas - I want something that looks good rather than some crappy chrome monstrosity. Failing a light bar, any ideas or pictures of light fixtures mounted to the roof independently would be good as well.

SIII 109" with Safari Roof.

Thanks!

badvibes
09-26-2009, 10:36 PM
What about a Thule crossbar and gutter mounts? At least it would be black and would have a utilitarian look. Just spitballin' here.

Jeff

xsbowes
09-26-2009, 11:24 PM
Ditto on the thule or similar crossbar. VisionX makes some bright LED offroad lights.

JimCT
09-27-2009, 07:22 AM
Some big Hella's on our roof rack.

LaneRover
09-27-2009, 11:55 AM
I say just mount some lights on some C-clamps and be done with it ;-P

hhhhhmmmmmmmm

I meant that jokingly but actually with the right pieces welded on to them a couple of c-clamps could work and today with LED's you could probably have some nice 'temp' driving lights set up.

gudjeon
09-27-2009, 02:59 PM
I use the front bumper. Its already there and low slung trees won't knock them out. Only if they are really low, I guess. I opted for a single lamp in 100watt halogen. K-Mart cowboys will only steal them if they come in pairs.:thumb-up:

utahseries
09-28-2009, 09:18 PM
It kinda gives you a jeep look, and its not really what you asked for, but you could always fab up some 90 degree brackets that bolt to the windshield bolts?