PDA

View Full Version : Mansfield heater installation

77seriesiii
09-27-2009, 02:21 PM
hello all,

First post here. I have a 77 RHD 88 and am contemplating a Mansfield heater installation. How difficult a job are we talking? I've done shocks, springs, and faced the Prince of Darkness in multiple battles...won some and lost some but I have steered clear of water. People drown in water...bad stuff. :p

Anyway, I know folks on the forum have installed Mansfield heaters, how big a job is it? Any PDF instructions so I can plan for both time and $ on the project.

Thanks,

Erick

kevin-ct
09-27-2009, 02:46 PM
I think it's straight forward. However, I dont know if a RHD whould be the same as a LHD.

Here are some pic's of my truck that I did.

77seriesiii
09-27-2009, 03:06 PM
Kevin

I think, based on what Les has said, it is almost the same. You had to change out the fan blower, heater core and add a few extras. Do you remember how long it took you.

Thanks

Erick

NickDawson
09-27-2009, 03:23 PM
Anyone know if the Mansfield would work with a 2.5L engine? Not sure I hvae the space, but would love to know there is an option for a RHD heater.

77seriesiii
09-27-2009, 03:31 PM
Nick,

The folks here at Rovers North state there is a RHD option for the Mansfield heater. Contact them and they should help with the details. Les told me that it would take about 2 weeks to source all the parts for the RHD option.

Kevin, Thanks for sharing the photos, i think I saw them earlier. I think it was your original posting of the photos and a cold morning that has me rethinking the heater.

EricK

Tim Smith
09-28-2009, 09:57 AM
Anyone know if the Mansfield would work with a 2.5L engine? Not sure I hvae the space, but would love to know there is an option for a RHD heater.Just so you know the block of the 2.5 is pretty much the same dimension as the 2.25. It's the auxiliaries that could get in the way but that mostly depends on the previous owner mods. Typically I can't think of anything on a 2.5 that would be in the way of your upper foot wells. YMMV.

RHD is another story.