PDA

View Full Version : '67 IIA 88 with bad frame, should I buy?

NepentheSea
10-01-2009, 08:47 AM
I found a local 67 IIA 88 with a frame so bad Id be nervous to sit in it. Other than that, its really clean and in good shape. Straight body, clean interior. Good running 2.25 at the time it was parked. Its been sitting in a local store for a couple of years used as decoration. The store is closing down, and the owner is asking $2000, said he would take no less than $1800. It needs to be out of the store in about two weeks.

Here's the questions-
Can anybody give me a ballpark idea of what it costs to have a galvy frame shipped from our hosts? I know it will vary alot depending on location, Im in south Alabama, but just wanted a general idea.

Who thinks its worth it? The only reason Im hesitant to spend the $$ on the rusty 88 is.. two years ago I got my SIII 109 for $400, with a good frame and straight body. Heh heh. But I shouldnt let my past ruin my future now should I.

I know I know. Pics. I'll try and get some.

4flattires
10-01-2009, 08:55 AM
Why not get an exact price on the frame. Call our most courteous and gratious hosts.

Jeff

scott
10-01-2009, 09:08 AM
i say you should buy it, put about $10k into it doing a frame off resto and that'll wipe that "i got my last one for $400" smile off your face.

crankin
10-01-2009, 09:15 AM
Scott brings up a good idea. a frame off resto will humble you...
If i remember correctly...shipping was about $800.

IMO, I would pass on it. More then likley its not just the frame that you will have to replace.

NepentheSea
10-01-2009, 09:28 AM
Thanks guys. I know I dont really need another project, (especially a humbling frame off) but its just so hard to turn down a rover. I love that 2A interior. Ive got my hands full with my 109 anyway. Ive almost got $800 in this thing now, talk about a money pit! (I kid.)

If anyone else wants the '88 let me know, I'll give you the sellers number or get some pics for you.

Ah, Clint, youre in Cleveland. Ive got some friends that go to Lee. When I get my distributor straightened out, new head gasket in, new tires and a 55 gallon drum of extra oil to take along, maybe I could make it up that way. Visit some friends and see your pieces.

crankin
10-01-2009, 09:45 AM
Just let me know! We can get the group together and hit some trails...