PDA

View Full Version : Rovers on Google Earth

LRMAN
10-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Here are two photos of Rovers. See if you can guess where they are.

The first one is in a very remote location that I stumbled across a few weeks ago. I was able to track down the owner of the property. Unfortunately the owner is not interested in selling this old weed infested IIa. He is not interested in restoring either. I got the feeling he wanted me to mind my own business at that point. I will be going back there next week and hope to get a better photo of this classic setting.

The second photo should be very easy to identify...for some.

Rineheitzgabot
10-01-2009, 12:20 PM
Dude,

If I had someone tell me that they spotted a vehicle on my property using Google Earth, I would probably act the same way. :) Especially if he is a little "long in the tooth", and hasn't had alot of exposure to the internet (you didn't mention this, but I am guessing). He may start looking for black helicopters. Also, becareful the next time you visit him, he may go "Ruby Ridge" on you.

In fact, the more I think about it, it would creep me out anyway; even if I weren't used to the internet.

LRMAN
10-01-2009, 12:33 PM
I should have been more clear. I found the rover while walking along this road. I then looked it up on Google Earth for fun.

Maybe it was the hoodie and dark sunglasses that freaked him out:eek:

thixon
10-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Okay, I give. Where is the second photo? (RN I presume?)

bmohan55
10-01-2009, 03:12 PM
When serching for Rovers via Google Earth I would just look for oil slicks.

LaneRover
10-01-2009, 03:54 PM
Is the 2nd place Ted's in Warren, ME?

LRMAN
10-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Is the 2nd place Ted's in Warren, ME?

When you say Ted's I assume you mean ECR. That is the only place I know of in Warren. If so, you are correct.

The other photo is in South Brooksville, Maine. It is on the property of Condon's garage, made famous by Robert McCloskey's children's book "One Morning in Maine".

LaneRover
10-01-2009, 10:59 PM
Nope, I meant Ted Howard in Warren off of rte 90. A few miles down the road from ECR.

Just tried to find the street view on Google but couldn't get the street view.

Brent

xsbowes
10-02-2009, 02:26 AM
The last duty station I had in Whidbey Island is using the photo of my housing with my '70 SIIA that I sold parked in the front. Missing the house, the view and the truck.

http://www.navylifepnw.com/site/162/LocalFHousing.aspx

It is small but it is there.

Drain Rovers2
10-02-2009, 05:21 AM
so where is the second place? does he want to sell? :thumb-up::):)

Blueboy
10-02-2009, 09:53 AM
I'm pretty sure the second place is ECR's former shop.

not sure what you mean "does he want to sell"?

the Rovers or the shop?

Drain Rovers2
10-04-2009, 04:36 PM
the rovers of corse!

redmondrover
10-05-2009, 04:13 PM
If you pull up the streetview image for Lamorna Garage in Seattle (1142 NW 50th Street, Seattle, WA 98107), you can see eight series rovers including my wife's 109 parked in front of the roll-up door (with the roof rack, sand ladders & light bar).

We are about to take her 109 back to Gord'n to get a galvanized chassis installed!:thumb-up: