PDA

View Full Version : Is it a Defender, Jeep or Series????

Cosmic88
10-01-2009, 01:18 PM
I saw this and didn't know whether to laugh or feel disgusted....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Land-Rover-Defender_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZalgoQ3dSIQ26i tuQ3dUCIQ252BUAQ252BFICSQ26otnQ3d12Q26poQ3dLVIQ26p sQ3d54QQ_trksidZp3907Q2em263QQcategoryZ31849QQitem Z160365532472#ht_707wt_958

Buyer beware.... seller get a clue.

crankin
10-01-2009, 01:30 PM
"tittle" hehe

LRMAN
10-01-2009, 01:40 PM
I think this is the second time he has listed this. I would seriously doubt he knows much about this vehicle, let alone restored it.

This also could be creative marketing. Ebay frowns upon keyword spamming so this might be his way for the search engines to return hits when someone searches either Series, Defender or Jeep.

And what the hEll is in the bed to make it squat so low?

At least it has BIG tires!

Drain Rovers2
10-01-2009, 01:46 PM
According to him its a Defender, which is a series 2a that he personally restored him self the JEEP runs perfectly... I wonder what it is!!! I guess its all three

TeriAnn
10-01-2009, 01:47 PM
This also could be creative marketing. Ebay frowns upon keyword spamming so this might be his way for the search engines to return hits when someone searches either Series, Defender or Jeep.

I think that is exactly what it is. An attempt to get more people to see the ebay ad but using likely alternative key words. I do this kind of thing as well and add an intentional common misspelling or two just to get the folks who can not spell. He has Land Rover, Series IIA, Defender & Jeep.

Cosmic88
10-01-2009, 01:54 PM
Marketing / advertising ploy maybe.... big backfire though. Would you even look at a Rover that has been 'restored' by someone making such glaring errors.

Good point Teriann but actually calling it a Jeep and a Defender makes me not even consider wasting my time pursuing his truck.

I might consider buying the big tires though.... :cool:

thixon
10-01-2009, 02:39 PM
I'm still trying to get my head right side up.

Rineheitzgabot
10-01-2009, 02:49 PM
C'mon, give him a break.:confused: I would think that the problem comes from not having a good command of the English language, more than him being an idiot, or something.

He may be using the other words as ways to manipulate users' search queries, but I think it is more the fact that his name is Pablo, and he lives in south Texas.

I am not defending him from not knowing jack about LR's (or should I say I am not "Jeeping him from not knowing...").

msggunny
10-01-2009, 03:49 PM
Or it be that he calls it a jeep because lots of people around the world call small 2 door short wheel based 4x4's jeeps......

scott
10-01-2009, 04:45 PM
Or it be that he calls it a jeep because lots of people around the world call small 2 door short wheel based 4x4's jeeps......

and all SUVs regardless of make and model are called "Pajaro". when talking about short wheelbased 4x4 trucks i like honoring the manufacturers by using "heeps", "yodas" and "d'oh-vrs"

vansdonk
10-01-2009, 05:14 PM
IMHO, I think that anyone that would classify a Rover of any kind, no matter if it does for some odd reason it does have jeep parts on it, as a jeep, there is no sense looking.:mad: A true rover person would never do that and would quickly correct the error. Of course that's just me. But like others have said, it is probibly a marketing ploy. Personally, it looks too plastic for my taste and there are no dents/dings, and not enough oil under or around it.:p It does have the classic rover lean to the driver's side.

badvibes
10-01-2009, 05:33 PM
Hello I’m selling my Defender which is a Series 2A 1965 I personally restored most of this jeep the engine runs perfectly but the clutch is stuck , maybe it is something that can be done by someone else, tires are great and big, this land rover it is a head turnover

Judging by the responses posted here, as stated, this truck is a real head turnover.....

weatherm
10-02-2009, 08:03 AM

I had 2 guys call my 109 a nice jeep... so now I have these huge green land rover stickers on the side... I hope this minimizes confusion so their lack of ignorance is taken down a few notches.

badvibes
10-02-2009, 08:41 AM
... I hope this minimizes confusion so their lack of ignorance is taken down a few notches.

Ummm, is this really what you mean to say? You want to take their "lack of ignorance" down a notch?

Jeff

weatherm
10-02-2009, 08:55 AM
Yeah sorry.. its been a bad day at work.. nothing firing on all cylinders

crankin
10-02-2009, 09:25 AM
What a tittle...

Bertha
10-02-2009, 11:11 AM
"the tires are great and big".......I gues that is a good selling feature?!

scott
10-02-2009, 11:24 AM
"the tires are great and big".......I gues that is a good selling feature?!

it would work better than saying "they're small and bald"

vansdonk
10-02-2009, 12:14 PM
You know, this guy is probibly someone who reads this forum or is a silent member of this forum and kicking himself in the ***. Just saying. I'm on alot of pain killers right now and a great lack of sleep so all the little pokes are making my day. Keep it up!!!!!:thumb-up:

scott
10-02-2009, 12:44 PM
...on alot of pain killers right now ...

dude you should go out and work on the rove! imgine pain free knuckle bang'n

vansdonk
10-02-2009, 01:02 PM
Really, too bad it's raining and about 55* out. Fall is hitting us hard after a really dry summer. Instead of working at home, I'm stuck at work surfing the internet and waiting for my programs to come back online so I can do some more programming and knock everything offline again.:p

teechizpet
10-02-2009, 01:06 PM
I always wanted one of those head turnovers.

adkrover
10-03-2009, 10:09 PM
OK F*** it. I'll throw it out there and everyone can get all PC on me but I think it's a mexican guy (Texas and bad English) that just needs to sell his truck. Maybe he does call all 4x4's Jeeps? Maybe it's a brilliant scam to fake Google? Forever I called all cola "Coke". It's obviously not a great restoration if he can't even figure out how to deal with the stuck clutch. It could be an easy fix. In the end, it's a straight up deal of how much for that bucket of bolts (fixings).

JimCT
10-03-2009, 11:22 PM
Half of this forum is folks turning their rovers into all kinds of Frankensteins. Why come down so hard on someone just trying to sell and old truck? Are we all that petty? I hope not.

Tim Smith
10-03-2009, 11:29 PM
I think it's just the fact that everyone wants this truck that's bunching everyone's panties.
;)

NickDawson
10-03-2009, 11:33 PM
Have you seen land rover hummer? Its made by GM Ford Rover and may or may not be a land rover and hummer.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2584/3978858430_c607924f76.jpg

badvibes
10-04-2009, 02:39 AM
Are we all that petty? I hope not.

Naw I think it's just the humor we see in the slightly off target use of the language. One time when I was in El Paso I was trying to say, in Spanish, dynamite comes in a small package, more or less. My friend immediately started laughing at me and when I asked why he said I'd told him not that I was small but spicy, picoso, but that I was small and freckled, pecoso. So I can laugh at the foibles of others and my own also. No harm. And like I mentioned before it is a real head turnover.....

Jeff