PDA

View Full Version : MAR 2009

NickDawson
10-03-2009, 08:25 PM
Its not technically a double post - just a link to a thread in the pictures section :)

http://www.roversnorth.com/forums/showthread.php?p=39815#post39815

Getting my Series III on the trails made all the frustrations melt away. Nothing we did was too technically challenging, but even on simple but steep inclines it was like a mountain goat - low range, low gear and it just crawled!

Theres a rumor that bmohan55 climbed the mother of all hills using some fancy over drive and choke work - same hill flipped a defender. I can confirm that he has a great truck (see the guinness oil can in the photos) and is a gentleman all the way.

I did not get to meet galen216 in person but passed him several times on the trails - speaking of rumors, I want to know the story about him being buried up to the doors :D ?

I did meet Arthur from our hosts - really great to see them there and put a name to my brake line hero. They had a great tent and were really welcoming.

NickDawson
10-03-2009, 09:18 PM
wanted to add the funny part...

On the way home I got pulled by a sheriff for "crossing the center line 4 times" . The cop came to the truck with a big grin and wanted to know all about it. He joked that he was concerned that the driver didn't have hands on the wheel until he saw that I was on the right side.

I told him that the steering isn't great and its a little darty, par for the course of being and old truck and that sometimes I prefer to be in the center of dark country roads.

Surprisingly that worked for him - not even so much as a warning.

But it did make me think, maybe its time to do something about the steering...but thats another thread.

bmohan55
10-05-2009, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the kind words, it was a pleasure meet you and your wife. You too have a good looking truck, enjoy it in between the breakdowns. I pick up a nail when we got lost and led us into the farm's junkyard, woke up Sunday morning with a flat and a spare with no air!

BTW - it aint no rumor, it's a fact!

galen216
10-05-2009, 08:51 AM
Can't find any pics of the big stuck but the mud was literally like quicksand.

http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu245/galen216/100_5374.jpg