PDA

View Full Version : Headliner and all it covers up

crankin
10-09-2009, 07:24 AM
The Po had the hardware and liner taken out in the front section of my hard top. I am looking to replace it but was wonder what all it covers up.
Does the liner cover up the bolts that contect to the windscreen?

Jim-ME
10-09-2009, 08:00 AM
To the best of my knowledge they do if you have all the pieces.
Jim

thixon
10-09-2009, 08:10 AM
I wish I had some photos because it would be easier to explain, but I'll try anyway.

The headliner itself does not cover up the bolts up front at the windscreen. The headliner is mounted via some clips, and there is a gap between the liner, and the part of the hardtop that bolts to the windscreen. There are two curved sheet metal trim pieces that are covered with head liner material that cover the gap. These trim pieces run the length of the winscreen/hard top and meet in the middle. These are the "peices" jim above refers to.

Someone on this board will have a photo I'm sure.

Good look. Sorry for the confusing post.

thixon
10-09-2009, 08:14 AM
http://www.badgercoachworks.com/index_files/Page1619.htm

Found a photo.

On this link there are several photos. One is of the front section of the headliner. You can get an idea of what I'm talking about above.

superstator
10-09-2009, 08:11 PM
I'm curious, were the original headliners always white?

Bertha
10-10-2009, 07:34 AM
I'm curious, were the original headliners always white?

They were white on the early trucks and an oatmeal color and slightly different material on the series 3 and later.

Nium
10-10-2009, 07:37 AM
Anyone have suggestions on cleaning solutions for the headliner? Mine has little black spots all over it.

Bertha
10-10-2009, 09:30 AM
Anyone have suggestions on cleaning solutions for the headliner? Mine has little black spots all over it.

Black spots as in mold?-hopefully not.
If it is just dirt, you could use a prepsol(autobody paint degreaser which is alcohol based) to start with, followed by a good vinyl conditioner. You will need to make sure you use the conditioner in conjuction with the degreaser as it will dry out they headliner material if you dont.

HeadlinerExpress
11-19-2009, 11:20 AM
Anyone have suggestions on cleaning solutions for the headliner? Mine has little black spots all over it.If your Headliner is made with Vinyl, I would recommend to Dye it to make it look like new!