PDA

View Full Version : Old Man Emu Shock installation

brunomacarto
10-16-2009, 05:40 PM
OK, Rookie question...

Here I am, 2 bolts away from having my new suspension complete on my first corner, and I'm stuck on the dumbest part.

I have a new set of Old Man Emu Nitrochargers, and I'm excited to get them mounted, however they came with the one piece yellow polybushings to mount the shock to the chasis. I CANNOT get the yellow bushing inside the eye of the shock. Any pointers?

I'm thinking that I need a vice, which I don't have.

Good news is that the (insert explative) old factory bushings are out, polybushings installed and new parabolics are installed as well. I'm eager to get the shock mounted and move on.

Many Thanks,

Brian in Albuquerque.

TJR
10-16-2009, 06:06 PM
You'll need steady constant presure to press them in..Lube them up w/ WD 40 and try a large C-clamp.

Nium
10-16-2009, 06:27 PM
If the bolt is long enough or if you have a longer bolt put the poly bushing against the frame the shock in front of the bushing put a large washer (larger outer diameter then shock bushing socket) on the bolt and insert bolt thru shock and bushing into threads on frame. Turn bolt to drive shock onto bushing. Lubricant will make it easier even soap and water, WD-40 probably better.

Or put a large bolt thru shock and bushing, with shock up on bench so you don't have to bend over all troll like, and use a large washer on each side of the bolt and put a nut on bolt. Crank away on nut and bolt till you've driven bushing into shock.

Cheers