PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle history?

ignotus
10-17-2009, 06:39 PM
Does any one know/have a source for Series Rovers history? Since most of us do our own maintenence I don't feel Carfax would be usefull. I would be interested in finding out where my vehicle went from the factory.

Any thoughts?

gene

kevkon
10-17-2009, 08:56 PM
You can go here to find out about your Rover's build and destination; http://www.lrfaq.org/FAQ.2.main.html

Beyond that, I'd say each owner is in the best position to trace the history of the vehicle. I know the history of my Rover from the person I bought it from and the original paperwork I got with the truck.

ignotus
10-17-2009, 11:38 PM
Maybe I need to explain further;

In Sept I purchased an 88. Vin and reg show it as a 1960. At one time it was painted orange...everywhere! It had a 4-way flash setup that didn't work, the flasher unit was made in Italy, as are the keys. My tyres are Polish, the headlights Fiem from India, Catalux lenses on the turn signal again from Italy, I think. The running light lenses are Aric from who know where, couldn't find em on the web.
It has the headlights in the wings, CB master brake cyl., 2.25 diesel engine, single wiper motor, 2, count em, 2 engine stop switches. Oh let me not forget the steering box is a RHD unit installed upside down on the LH. It has no intake in the wing for the fan, yeah the fan is there and it works. It is obviously a 2a that has been reVINned.
I'd just like to track down where it came from. Because it has probably been reVINned I am OK in never knowing but just am curious.

Broadstone
10-18-2009, 02:32 PM
Try British Motor Industry Heritage Trust. For 39 UK Pounds you give them your chassis number and they they will send you a certificate based on factory records. It will give the dates of build and dispatch, original color scheme and where available if it was fitted with factory options. I have heard good things and they say the certificate is fit for printing. Also there is a cheaper option and more expensive one also but not sure what you get with those packages. Check them out online and good luck you may just solve a mystery!!

Bertha
10-20-2009, 05:12 PM
Maybe I need to explain further;
Oh let me not forget the steering box is a RHD unit installed upside down on the LH.

:eek:

Interested in seeing a picture of your truck.

Rineheitzgabot
10-20-2009, 07:16 PM
Where are you getting your VIN from? The title, the VIN placard, or the horn of the frame?

I would like to see some pics as well.

-Gary

ignotus
10-25-2009, 12:43 AM
The VIN is the same on everything the placard and the frame horn and title, however the placard is screwed on the bulkhead.

My Rover photos can be seen at www.picasaweb.google.com/poppageno (http://www.picasaweb.google.com/poppageno)
This vehicle is the dark green 88 at the end of the album.

I have gotten ahold of the Italian Rover Registry and they confirm the VIN is to a 1960 RHD Petrol for export but unless I do the Heritige thing I likely won't find out to where it was shipped.

When you look at the photos notice the radiator panel, it has the 2a openings for air but no headlight mounts. Since it is painted and undercoated on the back I can't tell if they were welded up. Maybe some day.

gene