PDA

View Full Version : Desperately seeking work space

rbonnett
10-19-2009, 02:12 PM
If this is in the wrong forum I apologize.

The title sums it up - the garage space I had lined up for the winter was pulled out from under me at the last minute. I have projects planned - some actually necessary - for both the 88 and 109 but now have no place to execute them.

Ideally I'd like someplace I can rent for the winter, but at minimum someplace where I can do multi-day projects without having to pack up and vacate every day. The 109 in particular is not drivable right now - it needs new brake lines and petrol tank before I could take it on the road.

I live West of Portland ME and work in Portland, so someplace withing 30-60 minutes of there would be great.

If you have or know of any heated (or heatable) space that is available, please PM me. Thanks

SeriesShorty
10-19-2009, 07:12 PM
Keep an eye out on Craigslist. A lot of people where I live are renting their garages out at their homes for extra money. You might be able to find one really close to home as the economy continues to falter.

kevin-ct
10-20-2009, 05:30 AM
If this is in the wrong forum I apologize.

The title sums it up - the garage space I had lined up for the winter was pulled out from under me at the last minute. I have projects planned - some actually necessary - for both the 88 and 109 but now have no place to execute them.

Ideally I'd like someplace I can rent for the winter, but at minimum someplace where I can do multi-day projects without having to pack up and vacate every day. The 109 in particular is not drivable right now - it needs new brake lines and petrol tank before I could take it on the road.

I live West of Portland ME and work in Portland, so someplace withing 30-60 minutes of there would be great.

If you have or know of any heated (or heatable) space that is available, please PM me. Thanks

I'm also looking for the same thing, with no luck!

To bad we didn't live closer we could help each other out.

Kevin

SafeAirOne
10-20-2009, 06:41 AM
Why not rent one of those self-storage places (other than they're expensive, have limited or no lighting and have no electricity)?

brucejohn
10-20-2009, 06:50 AM
George the series 3 now has a tidy new heated home . $20,000 and 3 years and a bunch of backbreaking hours later. My mum made me the sign as a garage warming present.
YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any body in southern Nh need a place out of the rain and weather give me a call , plenty of room to spare.
Kris Heikkila
Mason NH
603-620-7875
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr258/Lordicon/IMG_0536.jpg

FYI - I don't know the NE well enough to know how far this is.
Good luck.

badvibes
10-20-2009, 07:57 AM
Google maps says it's @ 130 miles, 2 hours and 20 minutes.....

Portland to Mason.....

Tim Smith
10-20-2009, 08:38 AM
I'm also looking for the same thing, with no luck!

To bad we didn't live closer we could help each other out.

Kevin
Kevin,
You looking for space or have some to rent? If I could finish that 109 pickup, I would then have the workshop open. ;) Ping me if you are interested.

rbonnett or anyone else looking for space. Have you looked into those instant garages (http://www.google.com/search?q=instant+garage&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a)? Looks like one could be had for as low as $300. Add a jet heater and you'd be good and warm. However, local zoning laws may apply.

kevin-ct
10-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Kevin,
You looking for space or have some to rent? If I could finish that 109 pickup, I would then have the workshop open. ;) Ping me if you are interested.

rbonnett or anyone else looking for space. Have you looked into those instant garages (http://www.google.com/search?q=instant+garage&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a)? Looks like one could be had for as low as $300. Add a jet heater and you'd be good and warm. However, local zoning laws may apply.

Hey Tim. Hows the house? Yes, I'm looking for a place to rent. My Land Rover repaires is starting to pick up and my house is not big enough to do large jobs.

Tim Smith
10-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Hey Tim. Hows the house? Yes, I'm looking for a place to rent. My Land Rover repaires is starting to pick up and my house is not big enough to do large jobs.
House is good but it likes having people in it. PM sent.

Took a look in the workshop this afternoon and was reminded of another project... Anyone want a hovercraft?

Some deals are too good to be true. :o

brucejohn
10-20-2009, 06:50 PM
FYI - I don't know the NE well enough to know how far this is.
Good luck.

Google maps says it's @ 130 miles, 2 hours and 20 minutes.....

Portland to Mason.....

Sorry, see disclaimer above though I should have thought to check first. Thanks Badvibes.

Good Luck finding a place gentlemen.