PDA

View Full Version : I WANT those Elephant Hide seats RN sells! Anyone Have them???

greasyhandsagain
10-21-2009, 05:40 PM
Sheilas seats...originally they were red...then they were painted black, and one seat bottom has been replaced with one made from foam, and dosent match.

Im falling in love with those elephant hide seats made by Exmoor trim, that RN is selling. Anyone using them? Are they Sprung? (please tell me they are, and not just foam). Big changes are coming for my rover...which may entail a new canvas top, hood sticks, new tires, new seats...and maybe new paint (torn between a more authentic pastel green and bronze green).

leafsprung
10-22-2009, 12:12 AM
They are very different from the original seats.

Les Parker
10-22-2009, 10:14 AM
Hello there,

The material is a lot more plyable than the original, the grain is not so pronounced and the filling is foam, not coil sprung as the originals were.
This being said, they will spruce up the interior of any early IIa.

:thumb-up:

greasyhandsagain
10-22-2009, 12:06 PM
Hmmmm. Not sprung. :-( I see on an old thread that the material is available from the roll..... Is it still available? I'd rather reupholster my sprung seats.

badvibes
10-22-2009, 01:11 PM
Hmmmm. Not sprung. :-( I see on an old thread that the material is available from the roll..... Is it still available? I'd rather reupholster my sprung seats.

There's a post under "sales team" that states the material is available in a 50" width for $55 a meter.

Jeff