PDA

View Full Version : canvas seat covers

ShootingCar
10-23-2009, 05:31 AM
Anyone make canvas seat covers for Series Land Rovers. I recall some one talking about making them from an old top. I was not thinking about cutting up a top but figured that someone must already make tan canvas seat covers for them. Anybody know

Jeff

greenmeanie
10-23-2009, 08:54 AM
Page 36 of the Exmoor Trim catalogue. Melville and Moon.

I think someone on here has a set on their truck.

Les Parker
10-23-2009, 09:35 AM
Current offerings are for Defender, Discovery range of vehicles.
Though with enough interest, this could change....
Anyone else interested?

:cool:

Leslie
10-23-2009, 10:02 AM
Years ago, I'd looked into seat covers for my current seats in the SIII from Exmoor..... turned out, at the time, what I thought were covers were actually replacement seats, not covers.

Yeah, I like the M&M stuff..... what I *really* want are a few roorkhee chairs, but at under $100 a piece! I can't believe what they charge for those things! I've considered buying a wood lathe and figuring out how to make 'em myself! Not that I *want* to make them, but, they're some wood and canvas, like a director's chair, there's no good reason for them to command the price that they do.

What I thought would be awesome, would be seats in saddle leather. Once upon a time, considered seeing into getting some made, but, never made it far, decided it'd be cost prohibitive.

scott
10-23-2009, 12:23 PM
i elk hunt and have given thought to recovering my seats in elk hide but give that my harvest rate is pretty low it's going to be a really long term project.

Mercedesrover
10-23-2009, 02:40 PM
I did mine with "Sunbrella" and some foam I bought on-line. I'm no seamstress but I thought they came our alright. I have maybe $150 in the front and back seats.

http://www.seriestrek.com/109/body31.jpg

NelsAnderson
10-24-2009, 08:42 AM
I've seen the pictures of the Melvill & Moon canvas seat covers and I'd certainly like a set, if they were available for Series trucks at a reasonable price (i.e., something less than buying entire new seats!)

I'd also love a pair of their Roorkhee chairs too, but the prices are absurd. Someone ought to be able to make these for $100 or so. I've seen a number of other discussions where people would like them if the price were reasonable.

ShootingCar
10-24-2009, 10:41 AM
Les, that's cool as I actually have defender seats in my 88. How do I order them.

LRMAN
10-24-2009, 11:03 AM
My Xterra has neoprene seat covers which work great protecting my seats when we get back from outdoor activities with our dog.