PDA

View Full Version : Installing Parabolics

brucejohn
10-23-2009, 06:18 PM
Hey you all I need some help.

I am installing new parabolics from our host (the parabolics with OME shocks kit) and assume (very dangerous I know) that the spacing as specified in the green bible wouldn't be correct. What measurement does RN or Allmakes 4x4 recommend.

Or should I just wait until after I reinstall everything and load her up before torquing?

Thanks for your help.

jac04
10-23-2009, 09:54 PM
I say just wait until the vehicle is back on the ground before tightening the shackle bolts. I always tighten the u-bolts without any load on the suspension, but make sure the shackle bolts are snug to get the spring alignment correct.

Are you running a soft top? If so, I would love to see some pictures after the install. I put the same springs on my Lightweight and the rear is WAY high so far (and I still haven't installed the windshield frame or any front bodywork or spare tire). I just ordered a set of military front shackles out of the UK to even things up a bit.

brucejohn
10-23-2009, 10:58 PM
I am sure you are right about waiting, I just don't like leaving anything to forget later. Next thing you know parts are falling off at speed.

I have both a pickup and a full top. I will be running the full top through the winter, but I like a convertible. So the military shackles are how much longer? They replace the standard front shackles?

With no weight the rear is several inches higher than the front and the rear springs look too short, but are the same length as the oem ones that came off.

I will post some photos of the rolling chassis, hopefully this weekend.