PDA

View Full Version : new 01 RR 4.6 se owner

thechidz
10-24-2009, 09:40 AM
Hi,

I am now the owner of a 2001 range rover. I got it with only 84.5k miles. It seems to be in good condition so I hope it lasts me a while. I live in the catskills and needed a 4 wheel drive vehicle for the mountain winter. I'm coming from a benz that I loved but wouldn't have made it in this climate. anyway, I've already gotten some great help from this forum. Needed to reset my sunroof and you guys helped!

so cheers!

This is my first SUV and I want to take advantage of all the goodies. What does the "sport" button by the shifter do? does that put it in 4 wheel drive? Is this car always in 4 wheel drive or should I always use the right side of the shifter mechanism in bad weather?

sorry to sound like such a noob, any help is appreciated!

thechidz
10-24-2009, 03:49 PM
just found out I got a leak through the sunroof. its raining today and there is some condensation on the lamp to the front of the sunroof. anyone ever have that happen?

thechidz
11-25-2009, 05:25 PM
leaks not an issue. service engine light went on for a day and turned off, hasn't turned back on since (about 2 weeks ago). Probably a sensor. I like the truck. already put 4k miles on it. I'll start backing off the milage now as I moved closer to work to eliminate commute.

Wallace
12-05-2009, 06:49 PM
The sport mode holds the transmission in each gear a little longer than usual allowing you to accelerate more quickly at the expense of lower fuel mileage. The P38 is always in 4wd. To select low range, slow almost to a stop, select neutral and then move the shift lever to the right.

If you didn't get an owners manual with the vehicle you should go buy one.

Check the sunroof drain tubes. The best way to clear them is to blow them out with compressed air.