PDA

View Full Version : oops! Choke lever came all the way out

stomper
10-26-2009, 02:20 PM
Like the thread says. I went to pull the choke lever out to start the truck this morning, and the whole lever came out in my hand. does anyone know if the cable itself can be reattached to the plunger lever, or should I just fit a new one? $18.85 doesn't sound too bad for a new one, but the shipping is more than the part.

NickDawson
10-26-2009, 02:38 PM
Is it broken or disconnected? My choke cable pulled all the way out past the stop for a long time. Just recently fixed it. Had the dash off and just re-fitted it.....never caused any real issues. Also, mine is an after-market choke for the Webber carb...not sure that makes a difference though

stomper
10-26-2009, 03:05 PM
Looks like it is disconnected, as there is no rough metal pieces. there is a tiny hole in the end, like a very small screw or cable slid into the end of it. The end of the cable is still inside the choke housing somewhere.

I think it is the late series IIA choke lever that rovers north sells, part # PLFF312.

Nium
10-26-2009, 03:26 PM
At the carb try to manually close the choke which will hopefully push the end of the choke cable out of the cable housing, at the dash, and you can try to reattach the knob to the choke cable.