PDA

View Full Version : Copper Core Spark Plug Wires!

greasyhandsagain
10-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Trying to get a bit of 'old school' edge, and maybe a little more power....I just put on a set of copper core spark plug wires. And, maybe its in my head...but I SWEAR these helped give the old gal a few HP more.

For $12......not a bad deal!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&&item=290350909070&view=all&tid=368478465019&guest=1

They did come with one 90 degree end, so I switched ends with my old wires. You actually get enough material with this to do maybe THREE rovers!

greasyhandsagain
10-26-2009, 06:14 PM
...OH and to continue this retro path, a purchase from ebay uk.....4 Lodge CLNH spark plugs! Very much a 'candy store' for a roveraholic, ebay uk has a lot of great things, too bad that shipping costs limit what can be easily purchased and sent over here.

Just bought a Vintage AA badge also, Ive always wanted one of those ;-)

greasyhandsagain
10-26-2009, 08:02 PM
Working link on the spark plug wires

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-Cyl-sparkplug-wire-set-copper-core-best-for-Magneto_W0QQitemZ290363062832QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item439afcba30

Nium
10-26-2009, 08:36 PM
I like your avatar. :thumb-up:

Les Parker
10-27-2009, 02:24 PM
Yes, "Top Hole", old bean, what ?

SafeAirOne
10-27-2009, 09:17 PM
I just put on a set of copper core spark plug wires.

I used to run those in an old military truck I had before my latest rover. Nobody in the neighborhood could watch TV or listen to the radio when I was driving in the area. :rolleyes:

greasyhandsagain
10-28-2009, 06:30 PM
....I pulled up next to my wife, in her 2006 VW beetle and there was no effect from my copper wires, on her radio. I went inside, took a peek at the TV and that was fine.

So.....maybe thats one for "Mythbusters" but all I know is this was the best thing Ive done for kicking up the OOMPH of the rover in years! Now this is a 2 liter powered Series 2, one of the first 1958's....so I need all the OOMPH I can get, both top end high speed and low end grunt. So, getting it tuned perfect is really important. Where I got the idea that permium was making the engine run better...and used it for years, here on this forum it was pointed out that the engine should, and would, run better on regular...about the now the end of the premium blend is being used out of the tank...and she is hot dam really kicking butt right now. I kid you not.......fourth gear acceleration up a slight hill!!!!!!! Thats OOMPH for this engine/vehicle.

We got hit with a LOT of rain over the past two days, and within five miles of home there are about 7 miles of forest trails, over old railroad beds, ancient sand roads, very tight driving with a lot of UP^^ bumps and dOwN bumps and so DEEEEEP watery muddy long unknown road water hazards.

That 51 year old vehicle, in 2nd low was just so much in command of the road, that odd steering on the road, so at home here at 3 mph through a tightly treed angle turn. Just ...works. Rather than order NEW seats I took mine apart and repadded them a bit here and there, WD 40d the spring network (makes it quieter) and generally made it more absorbent to heavy roads vs. the Tailbone.....And even now that old seat "Got it right" and Ill take it over a foam replacement 24/7.

One dam impressive vehicle and thank you Land Rover et. al for making them possible.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg204/ambro51/006-5.jpg

brucejohn
10-28-2009, 06:40 PM
I am glad you are happy. Makes me want to get mine all back together!