PDA

View Full Version : Listing to the Right...

amcordo
10-28-2009, 10:16 AM
My rover is normally level (±1°). When I had two people sitting on the rear (109") right seat the vehicle began listing to the right-rear. The two ladies probably weren't even 250lbs combined. Is this normal, or do I need to replace something like a shock or my leaves?

crankin
10-28-2009, 11:20 AM
The real question is...how did you get two women in a rover to begin with? And in the back no less!

Knowing this might help us all...

NepentheSea
10-28-2009, 11:43 AM
The real question is...how did you get two women in a rover to begin with? And in the back no less!

Knowing this might help us all...
+1:D!

TeriAnn
10-28-2009, 12:00 PM
My rover is normally level (±1°). When I had two people sitting on the rear (109") right seat the vehicle began listing to the right-rear. The two ladies probably weren't even 250lbs combined. Is this normal, or do I need to replace something like a shock or my leaves?

You may be under sprung for some reason like a broken spring if the vehicle is settling at the rear with 250 lbs. Look for broken leaves. How old are they? Your rear springs are rated to carry a rear payload of 1752 lbs on pavement when new.

Well, at least you know that your truck is not oversprung and your leaves are not rusted together and have learned that loads should be adjusted evenly in the truck. You should have one sitting on each side. But your rear springs appear to be seriously undersprung.

amcordo
10-28-2009, 12:35 PM
I have no record of the last time (if ever) they were replaced. They are rusty (ha, what isn't) but don't appear to have any visible breakage. In all honesty it's probably time to replace them and shocks regardless of whether it was acting out of the norm. Thanks for the pointers TeriAnn!

AND - there were 6 ladies in the car! You get enough looks driving down the road in the downtown of a big city in this thing, but imagine when it's full of people!

jac04
10-28-2009, 01:01 PM
AND - there were 6 ladies in the car!
First it was 2 ladies, which, as crankin pointed out, makes the story suspect to begin with.
Now it's 6 ladies - simply unbelievable!!! Unless you were in Vegas - that's a big city.:)

crankin
10-28-2009, 01:38 PM
And to even make the story less believable...
You stated that ONLY two were in the back seats…That leaves the other four "ladies" in the front seat!?!

I assume that you have a left hand drive…so, with all four ladies in the passenger seat that will explain why you have an extreme lean to right. I solved it…case closed!

If you all would like to see a further explanation, I would be happy to illustrate this "magic bullet" theory.

amcordo
10-28-2009, 03:15 PM
And to even make the story less believable...
You stated that ONLY two were in the back seats…That leaves the other four "ladies" in the front seat!?!
I assume that you have a left hand drive…so, with all four ladies in the passenger seat that will explain why you have an extreme lean to right. I solved it…case closed!
If you all would like to see a further explanation, I would be happy to illustrate this "magic bullet" theory.

Thanks for clarifying Crankin!

HA! PROOF! I had to ask them if I could post this.

Three other coworkers on the bench seat in the middle, and one in the passenger seat.

bmohan55
10-28-2009, 03:34 PM
one of the few times you wouldn't mind a roadside breakdown?

greenmeanie
10-28-2009, 04:16 PM
Ah, they're smiling. It must have been before you started.

badvibes
10-28-2009, 04:25 PM
AND - there were 6 ladies in the car!

You Sir are a God among Rover owners!

Andrew IIA
10-28-2009, 04:58 PM
I don't believe a word of this thread ! Its all been photochop'd I tell 'ya - its like one of those penthouse letters... you WANT to believe its real.

:p

Andrew

rwollschlager
10-28-2009, 05:28 PM
apparently this must happen quite often if he is overlooking the fact he had a truck full of babes and is still thinking about his rover.

This may be dumb, but have you checked the tire pressure?? it doesnt take any wait for an under inflated tire to cause the vehicle to list to one side.

crankin
10-28-2009, 06:27 PM
I guess size does matter....My 88 has never had this kind of luck.

Amcordo, forget about whatever you are trying to fix! What you have going for you right now...leave it all the same! You my friend have the magic formula going for you...you are just going to mess it up! Remember New Coke (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Coke)!? Big failure! All because they thought they could improve on that magic formula. Heed my warning, you're just gonna mess it up!

Also, if you could let the brunette know that although it doesn't lean to the right (like yours)... mine is cleaner, new paint, and has a new frame…I would appreciate it. She can find me on facebook...

jb_
10-28-2009, 10:10 PM
This thread cracked me up.

There I was, earning my keep, working away.

And I just clicked on a link while work stuff happened

And *poof*, out of the blue there are six "ladies" in a land rover.

What a riot of the unimagined possibilities!

I need to wipe the tears off my cheeks. LOL

Tim Smith
10-29-2009, 08:49 AM
Note to self: Visit Columbus, OH. NOW!
:)

NepentheSea
10-29-2009, 08:03 PM
Im taking a leaf out of the right side and heading into town! Helllooo ladieeeees.
I want to see the other four!

crankin
10-29-2009, 09:34 PM
I don't believe amcordo is amused with us anymore.

amcordo
10-30-2009, 06:23 AM
I don't believe amcordo is amused with us anymore.

Are you kidding?! I feel like the man among men! I wake up every morning eagerly looking forward to seeing who's heaped more praise on me!

So, who wants to have a rover convention here? The truck is unique enough around here that people fawn over them if you park 'em in a busy area...

Tim Smith
10-30-2009, 07:01 AM
...So, who wants to have a rover convention here?...You kidding me? I headed out yesterday.
:D

ivarra
10-30-2009, 08:18 AM
Can anyone recommend how I get facor 4 spf off of the paint and tire on the front of my 88? I have this good friend who is a model, and now insists on tanning herself on my vehicle.

I swear this picture is not edited.

The worst part is when I was cruising around town with her just lying there, I could see a whole lot of angry men thinking 'what is that fool doing to his vehicle!?'

All suggestions are welcome!

badvibes
10-30-2009, 08:39 AM
Can anyone recommend how I get facor 4 spf off of the paint and tire on the front of my 88?

Truck is a total loss. Arrange shipping to 87120, Albuquerque, New Mexico ASAP and I will dispose of the vehicle for you. No thanks necessary.

Jeff

amcordo
10-30-2009, 11:39 AM
I love this thread.

LaneRover
10-30-2009, 12:53 PM
Can anyone recommend how I get facor 4 spf off of the paint and tire on the front of my 88? I have this good friend who is a model, and now insists on tanning herself on my vehicle.

The worst part is when I was cruising around town with her just lying there, I could see a whole lot of angry men thinking 'what is that fool doing to his vehicle!?'

You keep your tire behind the seat bulkhead?

crankin
10-30-2009, 02:04 PM
You know ivarra, with the grass growing on the bonnet like that I would be more worried about how the window sills are looking. I am sure moss is growing everywhere in there!

Sure a fresh paint job can make a truck look brand new...but attention to detail is what counts.

bmohan55
10-30-2009, 05:03 PM
You know ivarra, with the grass growing on the bonnet like that I would be more worried about how the window sills are looking. I am sure moss is growing everywhere in there!

Sure a fresh paint job can make a truck look brand new...but attention to detail is what counts.

I had no idea what you were talking about...had to look at that picture a couple of times before I finally found the grass....

NepentheSea
10-30-2009, 06:46 PM
I had no idea what you were talking about...had to look at that picture a couple of times before I finally found the grass....
Grass? what grass? I just now found the rover, and I had to look at the photo a couple o times before I found even that!

jb_
11-01-2009, 12:50 AM
I got a lady in my Series.

Some might say she is a bit of a dog, but she is a princess to me.

Even if she did want to drive.

:p

jb_
11-01-2009, 12:53 AM
hmmm, that photo looked rotated on my computer.

Oh well, she is driving up a steep hill. LOL

NepentheSea
11-01-2009, 08:27 AM
hmmm, that photo looked rotated on my computer.

Oh well, she is driving up a steep hill. LOL

HA. A boxer? I love boxers. They have so many expressions.

I wouldnt cry if this thread listed so far to the right that it morphed into a "ladies in rovers" thread.. just sayin...:rolleyes:

scott
11-03-2009, 09:22 PM
i wouldn't do this myself but if yours is leaning to far to the right you could try this, it seems like a popular fix

Rineheitzgabot
11-04-2009, 06:44 AM
i wouldn't do this myself but if yours is leaning to far to the right you could try this, it seems like a popular fix

Scott,

The only problem with this is, that the truck will no longer be resting on it's wheels as it will be laying, prostrate on it's driver's side (aaaalllll the waaaayy to the left). :)

Rineheitzgabot
11-04-2009, 06:45 AM

This is one of the funniest posts I have read on this forum. Thank you.

msggunny
10-16-2010, 05:56 PM
Ah, they're smiling. It must have been before you started.

That is more of a terrified look than a smile.