PDA

View Full Version : Removing lock out hubs

bmohan55
11-02-2009, 09:02 AM
I'll be starting my swivel ball rebuild tonight so I'm sitting here at work obsessing about it not getting anything done. My concern is how to get my Selectro lock out hubs off, from what I've uncovered on searches there are 3 parts to them. An inner splined sleeve held in place on the stub shaft by a castellated nut: an outer sleeve which is bolted to the hub and a cap which can lock the two sleeves together. Sounds like I remover the cap first (I see 3 sets of set screws which I assume holds it to the outer sleeve), unbolt the outer sleeve and then undo the castellated nut and pull the inner sleeve. After that I can use the manual to guide me on the rebuild.
To those who have done this, am I correct in the above plan?
thanks,
Bob

thixon
11-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Sounds like you're on target. Once you get started, it will be pretty intuitive. Just start removing bolts:D

TJR
11-02-2009, 09:56 PM
After a quick google search...... Maybe some info here?

http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:cKM6nzJRt9YJ:www.aulro.com/afvb/technical-chatter/37796-selectro-heavy-duty-frewheeling-hubs-2.html+Selectro+rover+hub+diagram&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

bmohan55
11-03-2009, 08:22 AM
thanks, I found that thread too. As suggested I just started undoing things and it came off..I was leery of small unobtainium springs and washers popping off and getting lost but that did not happen.

Swivels and stub axel looks great so may get off cheap by only needing the top and bottom bushing and seals!