PDA

View Full Version : Washer Jets on NADA Bulkhead

Pegasus Parts
11-03-2009, 05:20 AM
Hello, We are remanufacturing NADA Bulkheads (firewall or dash).

Our reference bulkhead has no provision for windscreen washer jets, although there are holes on the inside panel next to the wiper motor spindle holes, there are no holes on the outside panel.

Owner of the vehicle says the jets are on the bonnet.(hood....sorry)

We know the vehicle was rolled and had major repair work to the bulkhead.

Can anyone clarify?

Regards,

Paul.

Mercedesrover
11-03-2009, 05:29 AM
We know the vehicle was rolled and had major repair work to the bulkhead.

Sounds like you might want to find a better bulkhead to reference from. Are you talking about the 6cyl NADA bulkhead?

I have a '67 and I believe the only holes in the bulkhead were for the wiper transmission. The old bonnet was with the pile of parts I started with, but I can't recall if there were holes for washer jets in it. Maybe. I'll have to look and see if I even have that old bonnet laying around. When I built the truck I never bothered to install washer jets. Not sure if it was supposed to have them or not.

Pictures of mine.

http://www.seriestrek.com/109/paint4.jpg

Pegasus Parts
11-03-2009, 05:34 AM
Hello,

Bulkhead is from 34300717A.

We are about to start production of Series 2 and 2a 4-cylinder (1958 to 1971) and then Series 2a 6-cylinder, NADA and ROW versions.

Paul.

Jim-ME
11-03-2009, 08:53 AM
My bulkhead which is from a 2a that has individual wiper motors had washer jets when I got it 3 years ago. They were small nozzles mounted in the bottom channel of the windscreen itself.I did have to enlarge the holes thru the bulkhead to fit the jets that came with my manual washer kit. I do not ever remember seeing any early NADA 88 2a with washers. It seems like they were an add on option that never made it over here. It wasn't until I looked at a late 2a with a single wiper system that I noticed washers from what I can recall. I can't speak for 109s as they were not really available new when I got my first used Rover in 1970 and I don't recall seeing that many 109s over here at that time. My first Rover was built in 1965 and sold new in 1966. It was not a station wagon but did have an unlined hardtop, 2 rear bench seats and the third door. My current Rover has a washer system thanks to PA Blanchard in your country. I might suggest that you possibly offer the washer holes as an option. I'm very pleased that you are doing what you are with bulkheads as I think it will be what keeps our old US Rovers going. There are fewer and fewer places to get a bulkhead rebuilt over here. I just wish I could afford one. FWIW it's not your cost that hurts so much but the shipping that brings the total cost out of my reach.
Jim

TSR53
11-03-2009, 08:55 AM
Land Rover installed wiper washer systems begin w/ the 1969 model year.
The jets were installed in the bulkhead near the wiper arm holes. Land Rover never installed jets into the bonnet..

Jim-ME
11-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Thompson,
Is there any possibility that RN might become a distributor for these folks? Bulk orders might help with the shipping cost to the US somewhat since IIRC you bring a container a month over? I for one would be willing to drive to Westford to get one.
Jim

carl k
11-03-2009, 11:45 AM
My truck (#34300638) does not have screen washers nor holes for them.

Carl K.

Les Parker
11-03-2009, 01:46 PM
On the early IIa's, the washers (like a lot of goods) were optional equipment !
Who needs them anyway?

:D

Blueboy
11-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Land Rover never installed jets into the bonnet..

that was my understanding as well, yet, there always seems to be an exception to the rule.

Pegasus Parts
11-03-2009, 05:13 PM
So, the consensus is NADA 6-cylinder was never fitted with washer jets as standard?

Engine side, showing one hole for wiper spindle:

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae294/paul_lion/DSC09901.jpg

And on the cab side, hole each for spindle and washer jet:

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae294/paul_lion/DSC09904-1.jpg

We will copy the above configuration to allow fitment of the washer jets if required. Fitter will just need to drill through the outer panel using the inner as a guide.

Andrew IIA
11-03-2009, 05:58 PM
On the early IIa's, the washers (like a lot of goods) were optional equipment !
Who needs them anyway?

:D
Windscreen washers......... ridiculous !

next you'll want synchronized windscreen wipers !

regards, Andrew
'63 SIIA 88" SW

xsbowes
11-04-2009, 02:29 AM

They did on the lightweights or at least they did on mine.

TSR53
11-04-2009, 03:58 PM
Thompson,
Is there any possibility that RN might become a distributor for these folks? Bulk orders might help with the shipping cost to the US somewhat since IIRC you bring a container a month over? I for one would be willing to drive to Westford to get one.
Jim

RN offers a bulkhead re-conditioning service as well. If you would like to have your bulkhead completely reconditioned please feel free to contact Mark directly. This usually takes about 3-4 weeks time.

jp-
11-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Thompson,

I think your earlier statement is inaccurate. My 67 NADA came fitted with bonnet mounted windshield sprayers. I can provide a photo tomorrow if you need proof.

Nium
11-05-2009, 11:00 PM
A new competitor for Ashtree Landrover and Andrew Morris. :D
Best of luck.

Cheers!

jac04
11-06-2009, 07:03 AM
They did on the lightweights or at least they did on mine.
Mine too!

TSR53
11-06-2009, 08:12 AM
Thompson,

I think your earlier statement is inaccurate. My 67 NADA came fitted with bonnet mounted windshield sprayers. I can provide a photo tomorrow if you need proof.
I stand corrected thanks to all you gurus :o . Carry on, yaa photos are good.

RoverForm
11-22-2010, 12:34 PM
so apparently whoever put in the original purchase order for my 88" made the request for windscreen sprayers. i see a few of you are vehemently opposed to these optional, over-the-top, useless little anti-christs.

they are mounted on the bonnet. there is a switch on the dash and a pump connected to a reservoir inside the left engine compartment. everything works. well... almost!

anyway... i found that the hose was improperly arranged and it ended up lying across the block and melted. trying to find a replacement. looking for 3/16th. no hardware store, plumbing warehouse or nursery in the greater los angeles areas carries 3/16" tubing. only 1/4". found it online at hudsons.

anyone know of a good supplier?

Terrys
11-22-2010, 01:04 PM
anyone know of a good supplier? Tropical fish & aquarium supplies. Or, RN for a little more.

yorker
11-22-2010, 03:01 PM

IF LR didn't then a lot of dealers must have added them as an option. :thumb-up:

Cutter
11-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Yeah mine has the stalks and the hood mounted ones, neither of which are connected. I have the reservoir and pump in a box somewhere, but honestly don't see it or the wipers doing much in general.

73series88
11-22-2010, 06:36 PM
mine has the washers on the bulkhead
73 series 3 88
not sure if its what your looking for
this is how it was when i got it.
its all there. but the pump doesnt work.
aaron

TeriAnn
11-22-2010, 08:03 PM
Owner of the vehicle says the jets are on the bonnet.(hood....sorry)

The washer jets are on my Land Rover's bonnet as well. My guess is a dealer installation before they started becoming standard fitment to the scuttle of all Series bulkheads. I think they started becoming standard fitment on North American scuttles in model year '68 or '69 (WAG).

Do you require any measurements or jpeg of the bonnet (dished, deluxe).

Do worry about translation, many of us are fluent in English here. Your translations might be confusing as my other car has a hood and hood sticks. :D

RoverForm
11-23-2010, 05:03 PM
Tropical fish & aquarium supplies. Or, RN for a little more.
thanx terry. called RN yesterday, they have it all. was trying to find a set up for less than $20 + shipping...

i'll check the fish shop.