PDA

View Full Version : general ?

siii8873
11-04-2009, 07:58 PM
I am a series owner thinking of an everyday driver second LR vehicle, possibly a range rover. I hear horror stories about them not being very reliable. Can you range rover owners enlighten me?

Joey4420
11-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Your a series owner asking about reliability? You own a Rover and know that they all have different personalities, so I would say this really depends on which one you buy.

I have seen RRC's that have almost no issues with over 300k on them and some with 40k on them that I wouldn't drive across the street...

But then again I hear and have seen and have owned Chevy's, Fords and even one Honda that fell into the second catagory.

57loboy
11-05-2009, 08:36 AM
My advice would be to buy the most rust free one you can find, given your location in the NE as that's where the $$s come in. I prefer the 95 softdash LWB models as they've got the "newest" of the genre.
As the previous poster said, if you've got a SIII, then you're already well acquainted with LR quirks and personalities. Ours, for example, runs best in rainy, crappy weather and doesn't generally run well, if at all, in the months of Sept/Oct, regardless of the weather. Nearly every one of our debilitating problems has occured during those months during the 2+ years we've had it.

dieselrangerover
11-14-2009, 11:04 AM
I've had my '94 classic for about a year and a half and put on over 20 thousand miles (unfortunately) with very few problems. I've had to do the necessary maintenance work and change some seals but i've never had a major mechanical breakdown on the Rover, a few issues with the Isuzu diesel but nothing major yet. Driven it from Maine to Colorado 1.5 times now still love it every day.