PDA

View Full Version : MY DOOR WON"T OPEN!!!!!!

dwporter90rc
11-05-2009, 08:37 PM
the drivers door is stuck closed, (I was cleaning the window motor, it works great, i did not put the door panel on, and it started to rain, so i raised the window, only half way it goes up, so i went insode. the next day the door won't open! i have pulled on the rods, checked the lock, it i ok, but the door just won't open! any ideas how to get it open?

kevin-ct
11-06-2009, 05:44 AM
the drivers door is stuck closed, (I was cleaning the window motor, it works great, i did not put the door panel on, and it started to rain, so i raised the window, only half way it goes up, so i went insode. the next day the door won't open! i have pulled on the rods, checked the lock, it i ok, but the door just won't open! any ideas how to get it open?

I have found once that the lock rod (the rod that goes to the knob that you push down pull up to lock/unlock the doors) might be out of adjustment (if the door panel is off)

So pull up the rod while you try to open the door

dwporter90rc
11-14-2009, 06:40 PM
I tried that kevin, did not work, i work/look at it all day. nothing!the out side opener, nor does the inside opener work! the lock doesn't do anything! can some one help me! can i get the door open, by taking the pin/latch connected to the body of the truck, i am lost here!

CliftonRover
11-16-2009, 12:04 AM
try pushing in on the door really hard when you pull the latch, then open it

kevin-ct
11-16-2009, 07:56 AM
I tried that kevin, did not work, i work/look at it all day. nothing!the out side opener, nor does the inside opener work! the lock doesn't do anything! can some one help me! can i get the door open, by taking the pin/latch connected to the body of the truck, i am lost here!

Wow, Can you look at the latch and see the lever that works the locking? Can you see if that is fully unlocking?

My friend had this happened to him, he drove over to my house and I found the locking rod sticking, after applying PB Blaster I was able to open the door after working the lever back and forth.

Not saying you are having trouble with this, but I cannot see the latch had broke by you repairing the window motor.

Where are you located?

dwporter90rc
11-16-2009, 12:50 PM
CliftonRover, tried that, Good idea i forgot about that, but nope! Kevin, it all looks like it is working well down there, i am going to tear everything out ( meaning loosing all the screws, and try to remove everything, i can, I can only hope that something else is in the way some how!!!

phoenix
11-16-2009, 05:32 PM
jaws of life

CliftonRover
11-16-2009, 11:16 PM
if you want to take the front hinges off and trash the door I will give you another door if your in the area, what color?

dwporter90rc
11-17-2009, 05:28 PM
i live in new orleans, where are you?

dwporter90rc
11-18-2009, 11:04 AM
Ok, do i have this right? (my labels on the pic) Also i can take the front decker panel off, (i have to to fix the wipers) i can get to four of the bolts holding the door in, I can go further and remove the fender, so this gets the door bolts off, Does anyone know if i can just slide it out? or does the door lock stricker stop it from coming out? ANy help will be greatly appreciated!

dwporter90rc
11-19-2009, 07:11 PM
Fricken frack^##^*@@%$#$$#^#^*^()%^()(_+_~ of course there is a screw in the door behind the door! WHY!!!

kevin-ct
11-20-2009, 06:15 AM
On P38’s... If this happens, the only way to open the door is to break it with a long screwdriver and a BFH. The whole latch assembly will break apart then replace the latch. Be carful not to dent the door skin.

Ed*
11-20-2009, 10:17 AM
can you just try opening one of the other doors and get out that way? I would be so frustrated if i'd been trapped in my rover for as long as you. :)

kevin-ct
11-20-2009, 11:10 AM
can you just try opening one of the other doors and get out that way? I would be so frustrated if i'd been trapped in my rover for as long as you. :)

LOL :cheers:

dwporter90rc
11-21-2009, 07:35 AM
yeah i was ranting, i apologize for that, it just seems that everything is dependent on me getting the door open!

dwporter90rc
11-23-2009, 10:24 AM
i GOT THE DOOR OPEN, yeah yeah i GOT THE DOOR OPEN!! (IT WAS THE LOCK, IT WASN'T FULLY ENGAGING!!!!

noW, I GOTTA PEE!!!!!:thumb-up::thumb-up::thumb-up::thumb-up:

Ed*
11-23-2009, 10:32 AM
hey that great!

can you post and tell us how you got it open and how you figued out the lock was at fault. Just in case one of us runs into this issue it would be great to have the solution paired up with the problem.

ed

kevin-ct
11-23-2009, 11:26 AM
Wow, Can you look at the latch and see the lever that works the locking? Can you see if that is fully unlocking?

My friend had this happened to him, he drove over to my house and I found the locking rod sticking, after applying PB Blaster I was able to open the door after working the lever back and forth.

Not saying you are having trouble with this, but I cannot see the latch had broke by you repairing the window motor.

Where are you located?

Didnt I say that? Glad you are not stuck in the car anymore.......:cheers:

dwporter90rc
11-24-2009, 02:24 PM
ok, i took the otherside apart to see how the lock works, I noticed that there is a "hinge" in the lock, fully "flat" it will unlock, hinged just a little it won"t open, which mine was, just a tad. so i got the jack handel, after i tore "EVERYTHING OUT!" and a hammer, and gently taped the "hinge part" flat. this allowed it to work properly, Neadless to say i took it out cleaned it up, really well, and put some teflon on it! I can't find any pictures or learn the name of the parts, so sorry. Or did you mean how i peed? well i had to use the shower, becasue i had to go! with my pants around my ankles, i let it rip!! Darm super big gulps!!!!

Now can anyone tell me where i put the duck tape, to get the window in........

jgkmmoore
01-07-2010, 04:15 AM
In the Seattle area, just take it to Gord'n at LaMorna Motors. It will take 1 hour and 10 minutes. He's a great guy, but don't expect him to tell ya how he did it.:sly: