PDA

View Full Version : What is the significance of this badge?

LC_rover
11-09-2009, 06:30 AM
What is the significance of this badge?
I know my truck was in a rally, at least two PO's back. Wasn't there a big rally to celebrate LR's 50th birthday? Would this be where you'd get a badge like this?

galen216
11-09-2009, 07:14 AM
You could buy those badges from dealers and off ebay I believe. The RRC I just sold had one too.

thixon
11-09-2009, 09:24 AM
I have one. Its currently stuck to my sons bunk bed.

Tsmith
11-11-2009, 03:42 PM
I was given on at the 50th gathering in upstate NY (Greek Peak?) and another when I brought my SIII to a Land Rover Dealer in CT. One was sold with the truck, the other is in a box somewhere.

rwollschlager
11-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Greak peak was the location. I was there (was only 6 or 7 at the time) and recall riding around in the back of a 101 with a couple other people, until the detent balls for the transmission fell out of place. good times.... good times... British Bulldog did have a rather large presence at that rally (sponsor??) and its possible your truck was up there, or a badge was brought home for it.

-Rob

TeriAnn
11-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Greak peak was the location.

I was there with my Dormobile and came back with 2 or 3. There is also a pin with that logo and I have a small pile of cups and napkins with that logo. I was thinking of saving them for a 75 annv. party.

Blueboy
11-11-2009, 10:05 PM
There is also a pin with that logo

yep, that is what I received from LR - no badges though.

actually I was very surprised to have received it as I had been off their new Rover list since '95.

LC_rover
11-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Greak peak was the location. I was there (was only 6 or 7 at the time) and recall riding around in the back of a 101 with a couple other people, until the detent balls for the transmission fell out of place. good times.... good times... British Bulldog did have a rather large presence at that rally (sponsor??) and its possible your truck was up there, or a badge was brought home for it.

-Rob

Well, the truck still has faded "British Bulldog" stickers on it.. as well as Rally numbers, OME stickers, and LR stickers on the door. So, I suppose it was there. Thanks.